Semi chisel for .325 chain?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dealer tells me he can't order 23rmc, only 23rmc3.

I am looking into another source for a reel of 23rmc, though (prefer stihl by a margin).

I guess the problem is the distributer then.....:dizzy:

Stihl doesn't offer all options here either, but most are availiable as special order - even .058 chain for Huskys etc.....

Last edited:
yup some dealers are a joke. I wanted to have chain swapped for a different gauge a while back. guy told me i cant do that. I didnt have the box but i have a lot of blank boxes that i can get from my dealer. I was on my way to my dads and realized that the chain i had bought before i left was an 058 not an 050. They didnt even have the chain tools to make one up if you needed it. Stihl needs to make the chain tools mandatory.

My local guy. Hes great. almost always has what i need when i need it. He doesnt stock chisel so i had to order a roll which is gone and the chains are going fast.

I guess the problem is the distributer then.....:dizzy:

Stihl doesn't offer all options here either, but most are availiable as special order - even .058 chain for Huskys etc.....

Yes I think it is their distributer. The dealer is one of the largest stihl/husky dealers.

I am currently using 23rmc3 for that particular application, and I have to special order that from them. They only stock the .063 in the semi chisel flavor.

They did order me a reel of the non extra bumper 63pmc as opposed to the standard 63pm3 (if I am remembering the numbers right. 3/8 .050 picco)

Last edited:
Yes I think it is their distributer. The dealer is one of the largest stihl/husky dealers.

I am currently using 23rmc3 for that particular application, and I have to special order that from them. They only stock the .063 in the semi chisel flavor.

They did order me a reel of the non extra bumper 33pmc as opposed to the standard 33pmc3 (if I am remembering the numbers right. 3/8 .050 picco)

Maybe it's their legal dept advising them not to sell the non anti kickback chain. Still it doesn't make any sense why some distributors sell it and some don't.

Just wanted to thank all the people who responded. I did not realize that brands were interchangeable, that was useful information. After reading the comments, I'll give Bailey's a call and I suspect I'll pick up an Oregon 18" Micro-Lite bar and a few WoodlandPro 20NK 72 chains as a compromise solution. Will also try to stop by the local Stihl dealer in the near future.

Just wanted to thank all the people who responded. I did not realize that brands were interchangeable, that was useful information. After reading the comments, I'll give Bailey's a call and I suspect I'll pick up an Oregon 18" Micro-Lite bar and a few WoodlandPro 20NK 72 chains as a compromise solution. Will also try to stop by the local Stihl dealer in the near future.

You should check out your local sources, but for most folks the prices at Baileys (along with their range of stuff) is pretty hard to beat.

Watch out though, the ordering at Baileys is addictive....

Bailey's 20NK Woodland Pro

Last fall I changed out my Makita DCS 520 to .325 narrow kerf from
3/8 for cutting up smaller ice storm junk wood. I bought a bar & chain
combo from Bailey's. It cuts smaller wood fast with an 8 pin rim, but the 3/8
setup wasn't bad either, just a little bouncy on small stuff. The B&C is supposed to interchange with my Husqvarna 55 too. I have Oregon chisel chain on it. It dulls faster on the shagbark hickories in my woodlot but
cuts fast on the post oaks & other hardwoods.

You got a good plan there. When you get the chains order one 20NK woodland and another Oregon 95VP. I perfer the 95VP. It is smoother because of the bump strap drive link. It is really a good chain.
ZG

Dan, the 20NK is Narrow Kerf chain (NK), so for best results make sure the bar is also for NK. The Micro-Lite PRO (180MPBK095) is for NK whereas the Micro-Lite non-PRO is for .325 regular kerf. Don't ask me how I know. ;)

Dan, the 20NK is Narrow Kerf chain (NK), so for best results make sure the bar is also for NK. The Micro-Lite PRO (180MPBK095) is for NK whereas the Micro-Lite non-PRO is for .325 regular kerf. Don't ask me how I know. ;)

That is not consistant with the info I have seen on the Oregon web-site, and totally illogical! :confused:

Micro-Lite (non-pro) link

Last edited:
That is not consistant with the info I have seen on the Oregon web-site, and totally illogical! :confused:

Micro-Lite (non-pro) link

Troll:
I did not check Oregon's site, got the info from Bailey's (and perhaps faulty memory from my goof with non-NK bar and NK chain from Baileys for my 51).

For small mount Husky:
18" Micro-Lite PRO =
http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=ORF+180MPBK095&catID=

18" Micro-Lite =
http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=ORF+180MLBK095&catID=

I think I see where I got confused, the verbiage in Bailey's sort of contradicts, talks about using with NK chain on the PRO but does not mention NK chain on non-PRO.....but the main body of the writeup on the links above are both the same , or virtually, and I skipped down to the chain portion. Think I will mention this to Grande Dog.

Dan, it appears Saw Troll caught my goof, I stand corrected.

Troll:
I did not check Oregon's site, got the info from Bailey's (and perhaps faulty memory from my goof with non-NK bar and NK chain from Baileys for my 51).

For small mount Husky:
18" Micro-Lite PRO =
http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=ORF+180MPBK095&catID=

18" Micro-Lite =
http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=ORF+180MLBK095&catID=

I think I see where I got confused, the verbiage in Bailey's sort of contradicts, talks about using with NK chain on the PRO but does not mention NK chain on non-PRO.....but the main body of the writeup on the links above are both the same , or virtually, and I skipped down to the chain portion. Think I will mention this to Grande Dog.

Dan, it appears Saw Troll caught my goof, I stand corrected.

Your links both tell you to use 95VP or 20NK, so I don't see where you got confused..........:dizzy:

No problem anyway! :)

Back