Sharpen Chains

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butch1957

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
What would be the correct way in setting up and using an Oregon bench type Chain Sharpener ?

Any input / suggestions would greatly be appreciated !

Thanks in Advance.

sharp

Download the chain sharpening/maintenace manual from Oregon's website. Use the search function here. That is what I did, and between the two I eventually figured it out. Definitely some trial and error involved.

Hi,

if nothing brings, I would turn at your place immediatly to grove oregonchain. I have held there also already some inquiries which were promptly answered.

Roteiche

Get a new unused chain and keep adjusting it untill it matches the new chain. You want it to barely touch when dropping the grinder. When you figure out the angles write em down. Doing it this way will insure that your angles are accurate and calibrated to variations in manufacturing quirks. Also, make sure you keep an accurate dressed or trued grinding stone.

And buy one of those lights from home depot. Its in the BBQ section. Its meant for BBQ'n at night. It is a high quality Diode light with a flexible stand, It is also magnetic and has a bench clamp. You can also buy the same thing at Harbor Freight in the auto section. It is the perfect grinder light! and its battery opperated.

I deserve "rep" for this one don't I?
No? fine then....

Good Luck,
Scott.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back