Sharpening GreenTeeth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-Edwards

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
How do you guys sharpen your greenteeth? I have a few ideas about automating it somewhat but would like to hear others advice. I wont send mine to someone else to be sharpened but mention who you use so others could use them please. Thanks

How do you guys sharpen your greenteeth? I have a few ideas about automating it somewhat but would like to hear others advice. I wont send mine to someone else to be sharpened but mention who you use so others could use them please. Thanks

If your interested I re-braze a new carbide tip on the shank. A lot easier than sharpening them. To do sharpening right you need a heavy tool grinder with a motorized work head but it still takes to long and a waste of grinding wheel. If you do sharpen them make sure that you do it outside or have a good industrial dust collector like Aget (find these on Eaby) to keep the dust away from you. nasty nasty dust.

Here's some pictures of tips that I've done. I can re-tip with green or red tips

Send em to Gorden's Sharpening in AL - come back perfect. You can find him in the Tree Trader

Back