She always supprises me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No it was almost empty.
I haven't had a chance to look at it yet. It was running out of the carb area pretty good. I hoping to get out side tomorrow during the day and look at it.

PS I still want to know about a 4 way?

Nice score. Where's the pic? We gotta have the pic!

Yes the pics, send pics of the two girls....

Cleaned the carb today. It wasn't bad all that bad. A little gunk in the bowl, it looks like it was full of water at some point. All the passages and jet were clean and wide open. Put it back together and it fired up and ran fine or at least what I assume is fine. It would die if I shut the choke off. It was fairly cold outside today so I figured it was like a snowblower some times it runs better with some ammount of choke depending on the air temp.

I tried to take a pic for those of you that asked but the camera broke, the automatic lens cover wont open.

I use the choke to get it started and warmed up, then open it full bore. Make sure you get any old gas out of it.

Frozen shut? Pun only semi intended. Still leaking gas?

No more leak. I think the leak stopped once I started moving the splitter around trying to get it loaded on my trailer, shook the float loose. I took it apart just to be certain that it was clean and going to work properly when I need it to.

I hope the snow doesn't hit us as bad as the weather man is predicting, I was planning on cutting and splitting next week.

No more leak. I think the leak stopped once I started moving the splitter around trying to get it loaded on my trailer, shook the float loose. I took it apart just to be certain that it was clean and going to work properly when I need it to.

I hope the snow doesn't hit us as bad as the weather man is predicting, I was planning on cutting and splitting next week.

Were s'posed to get anywhere from 3 -26 :D....wait they narrowed it down a little better 8- 24.. whatever mother nature is bringing, think were ready, trucks gassed up, snow blowers and generator ready, plenty of wood split, chow in the house, a few movies in casae the power goes out..I think were all set..wait ...:D

finally fixed

The only issue I have is the honda motor on it has a junk carb, I read up on them and it seems that the holes are drilled too small not letting enough fuel in. Unfortunately I don't have a drill index small enough.
I cleaned mine 3 time but I can't get it to run with the choke off. I tried spraying it out, I soaked it, and finally I soaked it overnight, sprayed it out, torch tip cleaning, soak, some more spray for a final rinse and double check that all the holes were open. I gave up and I ordered a new carb off amazon for $25. The new carb has an adjustable jet that wasn't on the original. I swapped them and what do you know, it runs much better. I don't want to deal with this again so when I'm done splitting I will turn off the fuel and let it run out.

Back