Shelf Life for Sta-Bil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J Beard

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Had someone tell me the other day that I should buy my Sta-Bil in the smaller containers as once they are opened even stabilizer has a shelf life.
Never heard this one before.
Anyone ever hear this before??????????????????????????????
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I think it has a shelf life of about 2 years. I usually use it within a few months, but I did have a bottle turn an off color on me, so I chunked it, I thought it might have gone bad on me.

Dont spill it on paint you care about and dont mix it heavier than bottle specs I had to regasket a couple carbs because "a little extra cant hurt??:confused:"

Dont spill it on paint you care about and dont mix it heavier than bottle specs I had to regasket a couple carbs because "a little extra cant hurt??:confused:"

The bottle claims you can "double dose" for two years' storage protection. Done it often with 0 problems. Curious why it attacked your gaskets.

I had a big bottle for a couple of years and then I noticed what looked like some large flakes of paper floating in it. I called the company and they said that they have had that happen when their product began to get older.

Last edited:
Back