Shindaiwa Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else having trouble with their CS500p running bad, mine runs great and has real good power now that's its broken in. Never ever in the last 20 have I got a shock off the easy to operate kill switch and never have had a air leak in any Echo saws. Steve

Why 5 chains? You don't sharpen yours? I'm new to saws, just curious and trying to learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many crews I deal with will have multiple chains on the truck so when a chain gets dull they just swap it off and get right back to work, then when they return to the shop they sharpen or drop them off to my shop and we have them ready the next day.

I've run Shindaiwa equipment for over 30 years. Picked up lots of used stuff for good prices. The older saws don't spin up as fast as some other brands, but have been reliable when I wanted them to run.
The last time I looked at a new Shindaiwa in the saw shop, the dealer told me it was an Echo in Shindaiwa colors.
I'd listen to the folks who have actually run the newer stuff because it seems a Shindaiwa isn't always a Shindaiwa at the current time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't read too far into that. Its just what I decided to buy based on how my company pays off its accounts. If it is under 500 then there does not need to be extra steps so it is advantageous to buy enough to get close to 500 but not exceed it.

However, 5 chains was so these work crews, who are not all that great with general chainsaw use, could swap chains out in the field and not run out on a given day. We would then resharpen them if we could. And that was a big IF. These guys were so ham fisted....

Don't read too far into that. Its just what I decided to buy based on how my company pays off its accounts. If it is under 500 then there does not need to be extra steps so it is advantageous to buy enough to get close to 500 but not exceed it.

However, 5 chains was so these work crews, who are not all that great with general chainsaw use, could swap chains out in the field and not run out on a given day. We would then resharpen them if we could. And that was a big IF. These guys were so ham fisted....

Ok, makes sense. I'm not that busy. I have an extra bar and chain if needed. Not on the level of needing 5. Thanks for the response.

I went to my local store today with the intentions of buying a Stihl 193T. The guy at the store showed me the equivalent Shindaiwa model and said it was on sale for 20% off. What was suspicious to me is the Shindaiwa shelf was in the corner, nearly empty (Hurricane Irma just hit and this store just got stocked in Stihls and Echo's) and it was 20% off. Anybody have an opinion in these saws?

yes I friend ho does firewood with me has the 590 model 60cc great torque,and he told he got a5 year warranty, and our dealer here well his word is good, he sells echos and a few shindaiwas, I found the shindaIWA 60 cc model a bit heavy but for the money 500$ cdn w 18 in bar. cant be beat in my opinion cant go wrong.

Back