should I buy a Stihl 090 for $200?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys
On the local craigslist is a Stihl 090 with a 4 foot bar, lots of extra chain for sale. The guy is asking 200 bucks for it. Should I pull the trigger and go and get it? I don't need it for sure and would not have the use for it. But there is always a chance to sell it to make some profit. What do you think

Martin

the voices say....buy the precioussss... you neeeed the Precioussss... the Precioussss longs to be in your hands..... you will not resist the precioussss....
QUIT WASTING ALL OF OUR TIME AND BUY THE DURN SAW. tHAN POST A SET OF PICS AND VIDEOS FOR US TO DROOL OVER AND POSSIBLY DO THE LITTLE SAW DANCE:greenchainsaw: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :bowdown::chainsawguy:

Well, its a quarter to eight right now and I haven't heard back from the seller.:mad:
My best guess is the saw is gone by now. Ill keep on try in to reach him...

Martin

Martin probably not getting a new saw and recovering with a couple of good German beers :cheers:

Well, its a quarter to eight right now and I haven't heard back from the seller.:mad:
My best guess is the saw is gone by now. Ill keep on try in to reach him...

Martin

Martin probably not getting a new saw and recovering with a couple of good German beers :cheers:

Dude, people watch those classified ads closer than brokers watch the stock market ticker. You gotta act decisively!

I got a 090 for $300 last month through my local craigslist. it has a 36" .404 bar and the fool put a 3/8 chain on it. I must admit I got a little paranoid and thought it was a 070 till I pulled the muffler off and checked the bore. I was pleased. I plan to freshen it up and Egay it since my 075 runs so strong.

Last edited:
I plan to freshen it up and Egay it since my 075 runs so strong.[/QUOTE]

Iwould have thought that THAT would be the other way around.

I hear ya hoss but I bought the 090 with the intention of making a profit and it would bring double what an 075 would bring.
I know I sound like a newbie to the chainsaw world and also to gettin the firewood. I am a newbie. I live in n. nevada and Dept of forestry limits people to cuttin 24" trees in diameter and we have pine and aspen around here. My 075 cuts those like they're nuthin. The 090 may do that a little faster and I stress "little" but it's overkill for my purposes. No use driving to an area with hard woods because the locals would have the good woods all sewn up and those darn fuel prices kill my wallet.

Latest posts

Back