should I buy a Stihl 090 for $200?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myhomereno

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi guys
On the local craigslist is a Stihl 090 with a 4 foot bar, lots of extra chain for sale. The guy is asking 200 bucks for it. Should I pull the trigger and go and get it? I don't need it for sure and would not have the use for it. But there is always a chance to sell it to make some profit. What do you think

Martin

If you don't know how to answer your own question then. I will take it upon myself to "help" you.

No, you don't need this saw. Its bulky and gets bad gas mileage. Its also a Stihl, you don't want one of those do you??

Stick with Husky or Poulans, now send my the phone number for this poor sap and I will aid you both in this problem.

Just here to help,

Sam

Seriously, you need to go get that 090. Even if you don't want it, you could multiply your investement several times over on eBay. That is if you don't pass your savings onto me:) I NEED an 090 to round out the big end of my Stihl collection.:)

If you have to ask this question you do not deserve to own one.:dizzy:
As punishment for asking you are prohibited from possessing any chainsaws over 45 cc for 18 months. Any further infractions will limit you to WildThing's with 14" bars for a term of 3 years.

Last edited:
Hi guys
On the local craigslist is a Stihl 090 with a 4 foot bar, lots of extra chain for sale. The guy is asking 200 bucks for it. Should I pull the trigger and go and get it? I don't need it for sure and would not have the use for it. But there is always a chance to sell it to make some profit. What do you think

Martin

UHHHH?!?!

Hi guys

Martin
If this is a serious question then,,, HELL YES, and yes I'm shouting it .The rear handles make fine bike saw handles:cheers:

Last edited:
If you have to ask this question you do not deserve to own one.:dizzy:
As punishment for asking you are prohibited from possessing any chainsaws over 45 cc for 18 months. Any further infractions will limit you to WildThing's with 14" bars for a term of 3 years.

Now that is punishment, LOL.

Sam

Ok, right after I posted here I checked flea bay and found a couple of them going for 500 bucks plus. So I called the guy and left a voice mail. Since 10am I left 3 voice mails, will see if he's gonna call back. Maybe some lucky guy picked it up already.

Martin

Martin just testing the field and looking for something to buy I really don't need!!;)

Martin just testing the field and looking for something to buy I really don't need!!
You think "testing the field" I would say at this point the virus is starting to grow with you.

Basically, you are screwed, and deep down inside you know it, LOL.

Sam

If power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely then the 090 is the leader of organized crime in the northern hemisphere.

Latest posts

Back