Should I replace this sprocket?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is only worn on one side, turn it around and run it the other way to even the wear out.

J/K Take the money you save on the sprocket, and get a good bar and chain from a dealer instead of the chicom crap at Home Cheapo or Blowes

Hey bub, read what you quoted--he said he "wouldn't" change the sprocket if it came in for service.
Hey, so I can't read...no big deal...I'm an artifact of our school system in America! :p

My bad, sorry...(but this doesn't change my opinion of Gardenland, but Blood is ok!;))

Last edited:
I dont replace my own, nor reccomend to my customers, that you replace a spur until the center has worn a channel through the teeth, not deep obiously, but this is typically about the time the chain starts turning with some resistance.

I dont replace my own, nor reccomend to my customers, that you replace a tooth until the center has worn a channel through the teeth, not deep obiously, but this is typically about the time the
tongue starts flapping with no resistance.

You must be a Kentucky dentist........

I dont replace my own, nor reccomend to my customers, that you replace a spur until the center has worn a channel through the teeth, not deep obiously, but this is typically about the time the chain starts turning with some resistance.

That's exactly the kind of shoddy, sketchy business practice that...

Wait...you would or you wouldn't...

I'm confused...

What is this thread about?

(Excellent advice by the way!)

Latest posts

Back