Silly saw question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ske-bum

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ok, I went into one of the local Husky dealer and was checking out the 575XPW. Beautiful saw. Balance is good, and runs strong. However I asked a question and the guy that was working there couldn't answer so I thought I would ask it here.

What is the difference between the 500 series and the 300 series. Not a big deal was just wondering. Thanks.

On the 575XPW, XPG, and XP, the flux capacitor is routed in series, through the kaniflin pin. On all 3XX saws, the flux capacitor is routed parallel. This allows for a better arc pattern in the combustion chamber, in order to comply with EPA regs. the 575's will be routed parallel in 2010. :monkey:

????????????????????????????????????

Ooohhhhhh, the whatsitthingy fits with the grapplegromet. woh, thought you'd lost me there for a sec LOL

Ok, I went into one of the local Husky dealer and was checking out the 575XPW. Beautiful saw. Balance is good, and runs strong. However I asked a question and the guy that was working there couldn't answer so I thought I would ask it here.

What is the difference between the 500 series and the 300 series. Not a big deal was just wondering. Thanks.

Just to be a smarta$$ I'll say its a stratocharged EPA saw vs the older technology 372xp. The 372xp is lighter, and the improved replacement for the not so well regarded 575xp is due out very soon.

Back