Silvey 510 source

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After using the Silvey I now see the quality of the previously "pro sharpened" chains.
I guess ignorance is bliss. HA
Wags

after using the silvey i now see the quality of the previously "pro sharpened" chains.
I guess ignorance is bliss. Ha
wags
wag, as time goes on, you will enjoy more an more sharp n chains. I set my angle about 28 or 29 degrees. I was told by a great saw guru,(1st cut),chains will not dull as quick.wag, u need to wear a towel around u r face, or a small vacuum cleaner attached to pickup the filing that are n the air,from the grinder. I have went to blow nose, an that stuff gets in your sinuses.this something to think about.i have noticed when lowering to the gullet 2 grind, tap the blk. Adjustment knob,for lowering it gets stuck.take the heel of u r hand and hit it a little hard on that adj. Knob an will slide it gullet make sure it (off) till you get familiar.i thought of something else,flip the to be used wheel with u r birdie finger 2 check is not cracked,that it has that distinct sound of ting so to say, and not a thud.hope this helps,school of hard knocks,john in n.c.

Thanks Super3

Received my Silvey 510 a little while ago from Madsens. (Great Service). Ordered a wheel from U.S. Diamond Wheel. Got it today. Awesome!! I sent them the info from your post super3, made it very easy!!

Thanks again.

Now all i need is a Silvey HGD6! Yoohoo Santa?

Received my Silvey 510 a little while ago from Madsens. (Great Service). Ordered a wheel from U.S. Diamond Wheel. Got it today. Awesome!! I sent them the info from your post super3, made it very easy!!

Thanks again.

Now all i need is a Silvey HGD6! Yoohoo Santa?
How much was the diamond wheel? Worth it?

Thanks
Wags

Did you use the supplied wheel much?
Does the diamond burn the chain less (I undestand burn is a funciton of sharp grinding wheel and cut speed)
Or more forgiving if you want?
Wags

I have used both. CBN wheel is more forgiving on the heat. Cool Grind helps even more.

I have used both. CBN wheel is more forgiving on the heat. Cool Grind helps even more.

Is Cool Grind a fluid?
I don't burn my cutters as is. I dress frequently. Probably every other chain. It is just a mess dressing, then the brown dust everywhere.
Wags

Back