Simonizer travels across the Atlantic !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simon, it's only really when cutting along the grain when removing large side limbs and the Husky full wrap handle with the rubber protection on the handle under the chain really causes the problem. After all the saw cuts so fast that the nothing stays in the side cover long !

Simon, it's only really when cutting along the grain when removing large side limbs and the Husky full wrap handle with the rubber protection on the handle under the chain really causes the problem. After all the saw cuts so fast that the nothing stays in the side cover long !
I see, well I am glad you are happy with the power. Enjoy.

T've done a couple of more vids but for some reason I'm having trouble uploading to YouTube !
My 372 is still working with a 24" bar and at the moment a 7 pin but I will give a 8 pin a go, the saw has more than enough power so the old torque v's speed debate should not be such an issue.

T've done a couple of more vids but for some reason I'm having trouble uploading to YouTube !
My 372 is still working with a 24" bar and at the moment a 7 pin but I will give a 8 pin a go, the saw has more than enough power so the old torque v's speed debate should not be such an issue.

I'd stick with the 7 pin on that 372. I was very impressed with it. It had so much compression that even with the decomp on, I couldnt start it with my left hand. I had to swap hands. I've never had to do that with a saw before. I dunno what you did to that piston, but it's angry.

It had so much compression that even with the decomp on, I couldnt start it with my left hand. I had to swap hands. I've never had to do that with a saw before. I dunno what you did to that piston, but it's angry.

You're a big boy Wes so if you're finding it that hard to start I'd actually say it's got TOO much compression. I've run/owned a few saws with 200psi and they're not that bad with the decomp on. Worst thing I've had is high comp saws like my near sold pop upped 660 that spit the decomp out mid pull. A wrist breaking exercise for sure :(

Rick has put some fuel through his 372 now and went from a 24 to a 28 and now a 32" bar. Sounds like he is having fun.

This saw absolutely Rips!!!!!!!!

I will try my hardest to get 20 tanks through it before the GTG Hope to get a couple today Be fore I leave on Mini Holiday!!!

This saw absolutely Rips!!!!!!!!

I will try my hardest to get 20 tanks through it before the GTG Hope to get a couple today Be fore I leave on Mini Holiday!!!

Are you ripping with it? lol. I guess you could mill with it, ripping chain and 37" bar.

Last edited:
You're a big boy Wes so if you're finding it that hard to start I'd actually say it's got TOO much compression.

Stop it, I'm blushing.

The small passage in the cylinder where the decomp valve screws in may be obstructed with carbon.

That's what I was thinking. Even so, it still had good comp

Matt it's not that hard to start it's just Wes is just a wuss !!

Bastard! ;)

You're a big boy Wes so if you're finding it that hard to start I'd actually say it's got TOO much compression. I've run/owned a few saws with 200psi and they're not that bad with the decomp on. Worst thing I've had is high comp saws like my near sold pop upped 660 that spit the decomp out mid pull. A wrist breaking exercise for sure :(

well then modify the decomp
I should not be hard to do after all it works like a pressure relief valve
except it shuts instead of opening.

you need a decomp that operates at a higher pressure

force = pressure per area

need to increase the force require to close it

A fitter with a bucket pump and a good pressure gauge can work out what it is set at.

Try 5% more until it A it will still start first time when warm. and B it don't hurt to start your saw.

May be I should start offering to mod your decomp

ratted decomp mods :biggrin:

Matt it's not that hard to start it's just Wes is just a wuss !!

I bet that big guy in his videos isn't even him.

well then modify the decomp

Don't have to :) Saw sold to Shaun (Imagineero) so his problem now. He's a big boy too so he won't have any issues apart from snapping the recoil off :D

The Dolmar decomps don't pop out even with 210psi. Good old Stihl, they're soft on everything...

Latest posts

Back