Single locking carabiner for flip line?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conner1129

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
00301AB5-60B5-4AD2-8807-FFC1D1367ADA.jpeg
Since this is single locking can I use it on my flip line since you are t supposed to use them for climbing or is your flip line also considered climbing I would assume it’s okay because this one is also image.jpg

Technically that is a double locking snap, since it requires 2 separate motions to open. My concern is you bought it for ten bucks at an Ace hardware. There are so many Chinese clones out there stamping fake certifications on them. Does it have a brand name on it?
It was 60 I got it for 11 because it wasn’t rung up right or something and had no price on it which I think pissed the guy off who was ringing me up. Nothing in the store had a price on it. Here’s all the writing on it they had helmets too and even the communication systems.B185C387-2418-4476-9647-C868D597DBE6.jpeg

So i
Technically that is a double locking snap, since it requires 2 separate motions to open. My concern is you bought it for ten bucks at an Ace hardware. There are so many Chinese clones out there stamping fake certifications on them. Does it have a brand name on it?
guess the brand on it is kong Italy the figure 8descender looks like it’s from us rigging

And at this point actually I’m pretty sure it’s the kong tango base version

Good to use for climbing or should I just use it for the other side of flip line and save one of my triple actions for my life line. I’ll probably use it for the flip line anyways bc it’s easier to take off
How far do you want to fall? I don't know what to tell you bud. I never climbed on anything that wasn't a name brand from a reputable source. As they say, your results may vary....

How far do you want to fall? I don't know what to tell you bud. I never climbed on anything that wasn't a name brand from a reputable source. As they say, your results may vary....
it’s ace hardware not ****ing Amazon my guy if ace was selling knock off Chinese parts they’d get sued to hell doubt it highly. It’s legit the ****ing Kong tango snap hook why is it bad bc it’s from ace hardware because it’s from kong. And besides the question isn’t is it fake the question is can I use it for my flip line. If I do fall I’d like to fall far enough to be as brain dead as you rn. https://www.kong.it/en/product/tango/ there’s the product link the two are identical. Kong isn’t a new brand

it’s ace hardware not ****ing Amazon my guy if ace was selling knock off Chinese parts they’d get sued to hell doubt it highly. It’s legit the ****ing Kong tango snap hook why is it bad bc it’s from ace hardware because it’s from kong. And besides the question isn’t is it fake the question is can I use it for my flip line. If I do fall I’d like to fall far enough to be as brain dead as you rn. https://www.kong.it/en/product/tango/ there’s the product link the two are identical. Kong isn’t a new brand
OK, go for it. At this point, I wouldn't question your choice of equipment, as much as your temperament as a climber.... if that is all it takes to piss you off, good luck.

Latest posts

Back