Smaller companion to MS361?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well just to update (and this may sound like it came from left field), but I got a deal on a used 032 AV with a 16" bar, so for now that's going to be the "smaller" backup saw to my MS361 with the 20" bar. I don't get to see it until tomorrow, but the price was right and so assuming the ebay description is fair I think I have done OK. Wish me luck, girls and boys !!

DT,

May the chainsaw gods smile upon you. No not you Fred.

ole joat

So I need to be worried, divine intervention required to get it to work properly?:dizzy:

DT,

Well, no. Just blessing the effort as you suggested.

Well just to update (and this may sound like it came from left field), but I got a deal on a used 032 AV with a 16" bar, so for now that's going to be the "smaller" backup saw to my MS361 with the 20" bar. I don't get to see it until tomorrow, but the price was right and so assuming the ebay description is fair I think I have done OK. Wish me luck, girls and boys !!

The lack of research and diligence can be overcome by luck, or as I put it,
olejoat said:
May the chainsaw gods smile upon you.

Here's to you, :cheers:

ole joat

The 032 will be at least as heavy, if not heavier than the 361 is what Fred is saying ;)

Good, solid, old school Stihl saw. I ran one for a while as my firewood saw.

I'm confused... I thought the 361 IS the smaller companion?:dizzy:

Fred,

Please accept my humble apology. :blush:

Pretty nurse,

Up Freds meds. Now!

dr. joat

Pretty nurse,

Please resume Fred's meds at the previous level. :dizzy:

The 032 will be at least as heavy, if not heavier than the 361 is what Fred is saying ;)

Good, solid, old school Stihl saw. I ran one for a while as my firewood saw.

TR,

Thank you for the correction. :cheers:

ole joat

I think you just like excuses to converse with that nursey of Fred's! :cheers:

The lack of research and diligence ...

Well, I don't quite see it that way, but I may stand corrected and I defer to greater wisdom from others on that aspect (is there ever agreement around these parts? ;)).

As to research/diligence on this model, there were enough positive comments about the 032 AV (around here and other forums) for me to give it consideration, especially at the price. I guess if it's a bit heavier than I ideally wanted but works and has the 16" bar I will give it a go. Provided it works well enough and cuts some wood, I don't think I can lose much if at al given what I paid. Besides, there's always room for another saw...

As to this one and its specific condition, it was ebay after all so there's a big dose of crapshoot about it on that aspect. Nevertheless, that was factored into the price, bearing in mind regard to the seller description and a margin for, er, error on that angle too. I know I would have paid a lot more for the same saw used from the Stihl dealer, assuming I could have tracked one down.

Nevertheless, I concede, 'tis a risk and so will find out tomorrow.... hence the luck aspect won't hurt. Might always have me a cool looking boatanchor if it's toast.

Latest posts

Back