Snellerized Saws Meets the Stihl MS261C II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife was just reading this forum on my phone over my shoulder. She said "how many chainsaws do you even have"?!?!? I said well three but I'm selling one, she said "3 is too many". I had to throw some of you guys under the bus and tell her some guys have 50 or more saw...

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife was just reading this forum on my phone over my shoulder. She said "how many chainsaws do you even have"?!?!? I said well three but I'm selling one, she said "3 is too many". I had to throw some of you guys under the bus and tell her some guys have 50 or more saw...

Jason

Investments, Jason, investments ;)

Clutch cover and redesigned cooling fins on the jug. Brad since your tearing it apart when you have the jug apart weight it. I have a type I jug here I can weight.

Sent from my iStump using Tapatalk

I didn't like that idea when I read it
I think it would have stretching problems over time
Brad will set the books straight!

Wow good looking saw.... Is stihl making all the new models with the angled cylinder now.... This saw will be a beast when you get done with her!!!!

Looks interesting. Where do you think all the weight savings came from?
I don't know, but I'll be looking as I tear it down.

Clutch cover and redesigned cooling fins on the jug. Brad since your tearing it apart when you have the jug apart weight it. I have a type I jug here I can weight.
I'll try to remember to do that. Before or after I put it on a diet ;)

I think all the screws are aluminum too

I was told they weren't but I could be wrong
Hopefully i can put this thing back together when I'm done porting it!

fea9520e6718e5c5e313816ae1f1e22d.jpg

Bone stock brand new type 1

Sent from my iStump using Tapatalk

Just read a update from Stihl at my dealer about the aluminum screws that are used to reduce weight in these new version saws
They are not to be reused only replace
They don't give any illustrations of there locations
There telling the dealers to start stocking these screws
Doesn't sound like they used a lot of them but they are in there some where

Jason

LMAO:laughing:

The torque specs are in different measurement and have to be converted
My dealer said the same thing about replace with metal if there the same threads
Hope this gives you heads up!

Latest posts

Back