Snellerized Saws Meets the Stihl MS261C II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's a runner now! I'm seeing a 20%-35% gain, depending on load. The biggest improvement is under maximum load, where I saw a 35% gain. Can you say torque? :) At medium load, where fastest cut times are found, I saw a 25% gain. At light load I saw a 20% gain.

BTW, the cut times from the MM only video do not well represent the improvement that made in the saw. The knots really threw it off. The improvement was significant.

I'm going to go get something to eat, then I'll best testing the 346XP and MS241C in this same wood, and hopefully get 63PS Picco chain on the 346 and 261.

She's a runner now! I'm seeing a 20%-35% gain, depending on load. The biggest improvement is under maximum load, where I saw a 35% gain. Can you say torque? :) At medium load, where fastest cut times are found, I saw a 25% gain. At light load I saw a 20% gain.

BTW, the cut times from the MM only video do not well represent the improvement that made in the saw. The knots really threw it off. The improvement was significant.

I'm going to go get something to eat, then I'll best testing the 346XP and MS241C in this same wood, and hopefully get 63PS Picco chain on the 346 and 261.

How would this compare to the earlier model 261 M Tronic that you did for me?

Here are all three with the Picco B&Cs and full of fuel and oil. In this scenario, the 241 is a full pound lighter than the 261. That's still a significant difference. The 346 is another 13 oz heavier than the 261.

346_Full-L.jpg

261_Full-L.jpg

241_Full-L.jpg

Latest posts

Back