Snowed in?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL!!!

I just got in from splitting and stacking as well.

Tossed a half cord in the ready shelter and a Mila Jojovich "A" cup rick, into the porch rack. Elm, Walnut, cherry.

Wind is picking up a bit and temps dropping a smidge but nothing of note yet.

Tomorrow should be a good day to get some photo's of the Manitou stirring up the lake and lotsa horizontal Ice.

Bring on the white slop!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Dusting here so far, and it just took me 2 1/2 hours of wonderous commuting with the citiots to get home, normally just a smidge over an hour. I'm beginning to be tempted to be snowed in and head for the woods in the morning instead, 6-9" here locally, but trouble is it's the first "driving day" snow of the year, and with ADD/ADHD being as rampant as it is, most of the world has forgotten how to drive on snow.

At least living in snow country, by March I won't even have to leave early for a 6" snow.

At least living in snow country, by March I won't even have to leave early for a 6" snow.
you are so right steve !! we ppl here up north are kind slow at learning ? march is the earliest for some of us ... were still here year after decade!!! lol so far just a dusting as well 150 miles north of the schitties....

WAY out in the East we are sposed to get 5-8 inches (as it stands, they keep upping it) High winds, strong rains and stuff.

Just put a new plow on the ATV and after the kiddies go to bed, I am gonna stock up the wood closet. I won't want to do it tomorrow.

Dusting here so far, and it just took me 2 1/2 hours of wonderous commuting with the citiots to get home, normally just a smidge over an hour. I'm beginning to be tempted to be snowed in and head for the woods in the morning instead, 6-9" here locally, but trouble is it's the first "driving day" snow of the year, and with ADD/ADHD being as rampant as it is, most of the world has forgotten how to drive on snow.

Here where I live 6 inches is just a dusting:)

i was just telling the neighbor the other day that i hope this winter it snows a ton, when its not snowing its below zero, and windy no matter what. snow and wind means $$$$$$$ plowing, cold and snow means $$$$$$$ from firewood sales.
looks like i got my wish, foot of snow yesterday, high today of about 6, and the wind picked up around 2 oclock. spent a few hours plowing others, and quite some time for my own.

Good luck, Sly.
We'll only getting 1-3" of snow here with a little ice before turning to rain.

2rqlfk6.jpg
heres yoopers drive was in july:popcorn: tom trees

Milwaukee, Rain snow mix just turning now to very wet all snow, like glue, Going to be a nasty workout in the morning clearing commercial accounts. Temp dropping, wind about 15 mph and building. weather service calling for up to 14" plus drifting and temps to keep falling + wind chill. Did a quick once over on accounts this afternoon just to see what kind of surprises the lots might contain. plows seem to be working for now, on all three trucks. Hate those dead stops, do not like kissing windshield. Worst case I fire up the skid steer.
Deal with home stead after most of storm passes saves the hassle of dealing with road idiots. Have a a cord plus stacked on enclosed porch so no worry there, but the stove and furnace will be dead by the time I get back, fossil fuel set to take over if temp gets to low there. Hopefully won't have power outage. Have small portable gen set there. Another here at shop. Pipes should be ok for at least a day or so.

My wife just gave me "the look" said she wonders how many babies will be born 9 months from now. I may have exaggerated "the look" just a little.:cheers:

Governor issued a state of emergency.

Likely prompted by the I-90 traffic problem last winter, hundreds of motorists stuck overnight on the interstate in a similar snowstorm.

Governor issued a state of emergency.

Likely prompted by the I-90 traffic problem last winter, hundreds of motorists stuck overnight on the interstate in a similar snowstorm.

Last time I was on I-90 it was on the Ducati heading back from Rushmore with the wife riding her bike.
I-90 ain't a road. It's a bad experiment in paved Motocross tracks!!!

I swear I saw a skeleton in a Dodge Colt, at the bottom of one of the chasms you cheeseheads call an expansion joint!

The only reason I-90 is a problem in the winter, is that the snow covers all the olympic swimming pool sized potholes, and all the Hippies in thier little Hybrids dissapear into them instead of properly driving into oncoming traffic to avoid them.

LOL!!!
I lost at least half a dozen cooling fin silencers on that stretch of road/racetrack that goes through Madison. I spent over 10 years racing air cooled MX bikes and never had one come out!!!

I can't wait for the stuff to get over on this side of the pond.
Just about 3" so far.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Latest posts

Back