So I'm curious, what do you guys do for a living?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im soon to be 36
Jack of all master at none...
Caterpillar Power Systems Field Technician fer the last 15 yrs.
Ford Tech fer 2 yrs before that.
Work on about anything if I want too....

Burning wood fer most of my life.....and luvin it....

Gathering materials to build an OWB... Just got to figure out how to cut this propane tank without blowing me to PLuto....:hmm3grin2orange:

Aircraft painter, part time since 1988, full time since 1991. Bought 32 acres in Central FL in 1999. 2 or 3 trees fall in a good year, then there was 2004, which got me sucked into the whole chainsaw thing. Been buying and selling them ever since. Here's some pics of recent work and when you look at the pretty airplanes remember that looking at pictures of completed jobs is all the glamor there is in airplane painting:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I’m 39 years, 11 months, 4 days old. I’m in the Coast Guard and spend most of my time in New Jersey or at sea. I want to be a script writer for ax men. I carry an old Sthil 028 super with me and have cut trees in Porto Rico, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Costa Rica, and Guatemala, as well as the US.

Im a Auto Tech at a Government Motors dealership, worked for GM for 8 years know before that it was a lil Toyota and a lil Ford. Gonna turn 30 next Month and hate the fact Ive been working on Cars since I was 14 and getting paid since 17. I used to love hot rodding my Mustangs know I hate looking at engines.

P210. Yeow. Now there is a guy who has the mechanic on speed dial.

Lemme guess, they both came in for paintwork after the gear-up???

Still, there are not many sweeter sounding propeller airplanes out there. I'll probably never own an airplane. If I do, 210 is on the very short list.

24 and work as a restaurant manager for one of the big, corporate chains. Yes, you have seen our commercials on TV during prime time, and probably a few out there love our biscuits. Grew up heating with wood until age 14 or so, then Dad went on a 10 year hiatus from burning. Bought my house and did one winter on propane and convinced him we both needed to heat with wood so we are back at it once again. Live in girlfriend who is still in college plus three dogs all love the wood heat, too.

I just graduated high school so nothing to brag about, but Ive been cutting and wrapping meat at a Local grocery store for about 6 months.Going to start school at CAT as a diesel technician later this year

Excavating Foreman/equipment operator for 14 years and still going at it.
I pretty much just use my saws for my firewood but occasionally get a tree
job to support this CAD sickness.

When I lived Melbourne, in the big smoke, I worked at an Alcohol and Drug rehabilitation centre for ten years. Boy was this an eye opener! Got into all sorts of strife with the young womens (staff, not clients!). This is where I met my wife. We went bush 3 hours away and did some odd jobs till one day sitting in the waiting room at the doctors surgery a young fella sitting next to me had a school folder on logging. Three weeks later I was fully qualified as a mechanical harvester and forwarder operator and all tickets in chainsaw. Loved it but couldn't cope with all the bull#### politics that went on. Rolled various forwarders three times as the terrain was steep enough for a yarder system. Never phased me though. Used to produce up to 2500 ton a week in the pine plantations. Maybe one day I may revisit! I've just recently started my own business as a Antenna Instillation and Service Technician.

Since Mark "outed" me HERE, I'll re-post the pic in this thread. Nevermind the bad haircut, Christmas tie, or lack of my hat in public....

118233d1260912159-dscn0255-jpg

The diversity of the folks on AS truly amazes me. I only wish I could visit more members when on a layover. Usually I don't have ground transportation, or the time.

Back