So what are the best chaps for the money?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattmc2003

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
What would be the best pair of chaps for the money? Full or half wrap? Or which brand would be best in either style? I just watched that ham video test, and its kinda scary, cause you never know. But i don't have a lot of money to spend. Thanks.

I have the Stihl full wraps.

As far as the money goes,think about what an ER visit, or lost time at work costs.

I have the Stihl full wraps.

As far as the money goes,think about what an ER visit, or lost time at work costs.

Well, they gotta be in my budget to buy them..... i am wanting the best for my money.....not that i want the cheapest, but best quality at a reasonable price.

For a good pair, you're going to pay about 60-90$ for a pair and will have 6-9 layers of kevlar, the more layers the more you're going to spend.

The folks at labonville are sure good to deal with. They also sponsor this site, which allows us to rant and rave to our heart's content. Without these sponsors, they're wood bee know sir verse and know web sight.........

Oh, the chaps are nice, and reasonably priced.

Everything that I buy that is from Labonville is good stuff, and I don't think the price is too bad for the quality you get. I have chaps, wool coats, work boots, and winter pants from them and I would recommend them to anyone.

We had an outlet not too far from here that closed, and when the stuff was 50% off I stocked up. I really miss having a store like Labonville within a half hour drive.

labonville chaps here along with sweedepro cutting shirt. for the price and quality you cant beat the labonville chaps. the video demo sold them for me.

I just received Labonvilles and like them. They are soft and light, I expected stiffer material from the looks of them. These will be comfortable to wear.

Well since mine are now missing a few fibers and new to be replaced I went to Labonville and I do not see skidder/bib chaps. Do they have them.

Bill

I bought a pair from Labonville when they had a store in Berlin,NH. Think they were $55 back about 10 years ago. Not sure how many layers they are.:cheers:

Well, they gotta be in my budget to buy them..... i am wanting the best for my money.....not that i want the cheapest, but best quality at a reasonable price.

The price does not vary that much among the better quality chaps. I like the full wrap. If you buy ones from a store you can try them on and see if they are comfortable - if they are not, you are less likely to wear them.

Philbert

Labonville

Why mess around, this is not the place to skimp. I never even knew that there was such a thing as chaps for sawing until I found this site. I saw the ham video a while back and ordered the chaps that day. I am more than satisfied with the Labonville chaps, and the company as a whole. As has been mentioned they are a sponsor and that also is important to me. JR

Labonville is a good place to spend your money. My customer service with them has been exemplary. Do not use your regular pants inseam measurement or you will end up with a set of highwater chaps. These are the chaps I bought from Labonville. Very well manufctured. They are also very warm.

http://www.labonville.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=14&idproduct=405

I would like to get a set of these summer pants. Anyone try them out?

http://www.labonville.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=14&idproduct=22

I have the SwedePro full wrap chaps and they seem good. I think they make Stihl chaps and they're made in the USA. Just looking at pics, seems like they give more protection to the back of the legs than some other brands.
http://www.gransfors.us/swedepro.html

Back