So what are the best chaps for the money?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i really can't answer your question.
but i can tell you that the lowes husky chaps are low priced and identical to blue husky chaps from your dealer.
they are not full wrap but if you have really skinny legs like me they will touch in the back anyway.:)
my chaps have never allowed the saw to cut my flesh, ever! but i haven't touched the chaps with the saw yet either.:chainsaw:
i think that last sentence goes a long way toward safety.
:cheers:

i really can't answer your question.
but i can tell you that the lowes husky chaps are low priced and identical to blue husky chaps from your dealer.
they are not full wrap but if you have really skinny legs like me they will touch in the back anyway.:)
my chaps have never allowed the saw to cut my flesh, ever! but i haven't touched the chaps with the saw yet either.:chainsaw:
i think that last sentence goes a long way toward safety.
:cheers:

same here. I got a pair from Bailey's, reasonable price. I can't speak to the quality because I haven't sawed through them yet. Hope I never do.

Well, they gotta be in my budget to buy them..... i am wanting the best for my money.....not that i want the cheapest, but best quality at a reasonable price.

I'm happy with mine from Labonville,site sponsor. If budget you might want to try Lowes for some Huskys. There all priced about the same but no shipping if you go to your local dealer.
here is link to the chaps i have from labonville
http://www.labonville.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=14&idproduct=404

The folks at labonville are sure good to deal with. They also sponsor this site, which allows us to rant and rave to our heart's content. Without these sponsors, they're wood bee know sir verse and know web sight.........

Oh, the chaps are nice, and reasonably priced.

Labonville chaps.

Labonville full wraps, why mess around?

I like Labonville Chaps, the Madsens video convinced me.

Everything that I buy that is from Labonville is good stuff, and I don't think the price is too bad for the quality you get. I have chaps, wool coats, work boots, and winter pants from them and I would recommend them to anyone.

We had an outlet not too far from here that closed, and when the stuff was 50% off I stocked up. I really miss having a store like Labonville within a half hour drive.

labonville chaps here along with sweedepro cutting shirt. for the price and quality you cant beat the labonville chaps. the video demo sold them for me.

Labonville is a good place to spend your money. My customer service with them has been exemplary. Do not use your regular pants inseam measurement or you will end up with a set of highwater chaps. These are the chaps I bought from Labonville. Very well manufctured. They are also very warm.

http://www.labonville.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=14&idproduct=405

I would like to get a set of these summer pants. Anyone try them out?

http://www.labonville.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=14&idproduct=22

Matt,

You remember back in second grade when the teacher passed out a sheet of paper with symbols and such and said, "OK, little boys and girls, let's see if we can find a pattern?"

I hope you did well. I have spotted the pattern.

Happy hunting,

Joat

Last edited:
Back