So what did you get for Christmas that was chainsaw related?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple weeks ago I was walking through Lowe's with my children and going by the bathroom they had a Kolbalt chair that was ideal bench height and adjustable. I told my kids 10 and 8 that would be a nice Christmas gift (hint) and forgot about it.

My wife told me the story of how they got it. A few days ago they were in town and not being prompted 8 year old daughter says dad would like a chair for Christmas that he can use in the garage. The first store they went to Menard's my sons says it's not here it is at Lowe's. I try not to bring up stuff about chainsaws as my wife is fit to be tied with it all. She is overwhelmed with how many are around so that is why I never brought up getting the chair to her or mention saw stuff related stuff to not rub it in her face. The kids done good as did wife as she got with them:clap:

It was under the tree and it will be nice for when working on saws and other stuff in the garage.

Between my wife and I we really don't exchange gifts. Never really have unless it is somethign really small that we known the other would like. Big stuff gets bought with dual input

A bottle of Crown Royal. It will help me make educated posts on the site, and will also provide the ingenuity needed for complicated repairs I would have previously not been able to perform.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! Had a very good one, lots of goodies- but not much saw related stuff (other than what is noted above).

thats funny you mention crown royal. the land owner that i am logging on gave me a bottle of quervo gold. i think he is trying to say i need to relax or something lol

Wife put a bow on the 5105, and I got a Pfred chain sharp file set that looks good. Passed on the chainsaw karma by giving the dump find 10-10 to my cousin inlaw. Which also means my Partner 500 comes home.

The most important gift is the reason for the season!

Chainsaw related; I got a new Acer netbook that I am typing this on now that I can cruise Arboristsite on at incredible speeds(really impressed with this thing). I also got a WIHA Chainsaw toolkit from Bailey's. And I got a lifetime gift of my wife four years ago who puts up with my CAD. I had no idea what my wife had gotten me(I thought I was gettin an electric razor for my head). This just goes to show she listens a lot more than I thought. She is a beautiful amazing woman. MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!

I guess the 440 (McCulloch, easy Stihl-freaks :confident:) and the 125C were early gifts to myself.

I needed new work boots. My Cabelas boots had WASTED soles, but the leathers are decent. So, I got a new pair for Christmas and the old ones are going out for a re-sole as caulks!

a cmi micro pulley to push the blakes hitch up the rope , and a couple replacement fastex style buckles for my silky harness saw , socks and undies that i wear when ever i use my saws

Last edited:
Oh my brother got a Marline 444p which we turned into the worlds most expensive wood splitter. What a fun little gun.

Wife put a bow on the 5105, and I got a Pfred chain sharp file set that looks good. Passed on the chainsaw karma by giving the dump find 10-10 to my cousin inlaw. Which also means my Partner 500 comes home.

I was running my 5105 two days ago helping a friend bucking some branches I dropped out of his tree while he was putting a new roof on.

5105 will run nice:clap:

I have been blessed with good fortune all year!!! Thanks to all my AS friends who have made this a wonderful Christmas season. I have a pile of great muscle saws to go through in January. My season was capped off by a few sweet saws provided by Leeha!!!

You all have a wonderful holiday!!!!

Kids (with mommas help) got me a new Port-a-wrap, chainsaw strap and some loop runners.
Can't wait to get out and try the port-a-wrap.
Now I can cut bigger stuff for my 10 year old to handle. Merry Christmas all!!
Timbit

Got my first chainsaw just before xmas from my wife. I have always borrowed from friends so it's cool to have my own (much needed now that we have a wood stove :)).

Husky 450
Labonville full wrap chaps
Rockman premium helmet setup
Filing tools
Bar oil, 2 cycle oil, etc ...

Basically she fully set me up :) (ok I picked everything but she gladly ok'ed it :D)

My in-laws gave me a tree identification book so now I can know what exactly I'm cutting down (well beyond just "trees").

Going cutting tomorrow :)

I was lucky enough to get a 031 from a fellow member. The wife got me a little compressor for the shop in the basement.

Latest posts

Back