So what did you get for Christmas that was chainsaw related?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
213392d1324874431-img_20111225_202952-2-jpg

i gave a little chainsaw love and got some in return, i gave my dad a nice stihl 029 super and a fiskars axe and my mom and dad got me this

Last edited:
Christmas

cs 360 T Needed a small saw to carry on the tractor. From what I read on here my need to make some adjustments before using, Dont want to melt it down. Merry Christmas ALL

It's ALL chainsaw related

I actually ended up selling four of my favorite saws so we could travel over Christmas, gift some folks in our family, and enjoy the best holiday we've had in many, many years.

So in that sense, every gift we got, every conversation we had, every glass we raised in love and fellowship has been chainsaw related.

Yeah, it hurt to sell 'em, especially the ported saws from 70 to 90cc. But things will turn around. They always do, and then I'll have me a 120cc ported saw for milling. Been a woodcutter/arborist for a long time, as well as a carpenter/woodworker. Would like to spend some years learning the middle of the process. :)

Believe it or not....nothing. I did buy Lisa and myself a king size Tempurpedic Cloud Lux mattress. That'll help rest me up from working on all the chainsaw related stuff I already had:) I surprised her with the mattress yesterday and snuck it in while she was at the store. We'd been talking about getting one for a while, but she had no idea that I had ordered it. I love surprising!

I couldn't afford the bed but I did get me and the wife a couple of those Tempurpedic full size memory foam pillows. Man was I in trouble when she found the bill, until she got to use it, now I'm the man. I got a pair of waterproof Cabela's hunting pants, and I think I will get myself a 6 cube saw after the new year.

A early gift arrived last Thursday. Payment in full on a tree job that I did last summer.:msp_thumbsup:

Christmas day there was a box from Bailies under the tree with some clutch removal tools, gloves and Wild Ass jeans.

First of all i hope everybody on AS had a great Christmas,our family sure did i bought my wife a kitchenaid professional stand mixer and Santa brought me an Oregon 511ax grinder and a nice bottle of bourbon,and most important our kids had an awesome Christmas their smiles are priceless:msp_smile:

This was my christmas gift to myself. Finsihed the garage. A friend helped me with some of the framing as some stuff was better worked with two people. I feel very fortunate to be able to do this stuff myself as I have several neighbors that can't screw in a light bulb so I enjoy any garage evny they may have :)

It took me several weeks over this and that stuff to get it done.

213464d1324939768-shop-001-jpg

213465d1324939787-img_20111127_212244-jpg

213466d1324939806-img_20111224_195638-jpg

213467d1324939825-img_20111224_195534-jpg

Last edited:
I got a Poulan 25 (S25D) off ebay that looks as if it has only had a couple tanks put through it. It still has the original non roller tip bar and chain looks barely used. My dad bought one of these new and cut a many of cord of wood with it and I always wanted one. Usually the ones I saw where in pretty bad shape, but this one is like new. It is in show room condition to be over 30 years old. Three pulls and it started right up and has over 130psi. Merry Christmas to me. I paid a plenty for it, but as soon as I seen it I said it is mine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320812585910?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Last edited:
I got a Poulan 25 (S25D) off ebay that looks as if it has only had a couple tanks put through it. It still has the original non roller tip bar and chain looks barely used. My dad bought one of these new and cut a many of cord of wood with it and I always wanted one. Usually the ones I saw where in pretty bad shape, but this one is like new. It is in show room condition to be over 30 years old. Three pulls and it started right up and has over 130psi. Merry Christmas to me. I paid a plenty for it, but as soon as I seen it I said it is mine.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Thats a very nice one and you did more then OK at that price for one in that condition..

Let me clarify you bought a XXV or 25 if you like better, but it is not a "S" 25. Your saw is a 2.1CI manual oiler while a "S" 25 would be a 2.3CI saw. Your saw is also actually 40 years old!

Again congrats on a nice piece of history. Just remember to wear ear protection!

Best Christmas in years at our house .. celebrated another year of gainful employment (wish I could find a job I LOVED w/benefits, tho) .. everyone is healthy .. got some huge bills paid off (Merry Christmas to us!) ...

Saw related? Some nice warm clothes and gift cards; plus knowing that the saws help keep me outta 'trouble' ... :D

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
I still have my dads old Poulan 25 and it is just like the one pictured, but very little paint left on it. It still has 130psi compression after he used it until passing in 1995. I bet it cut at lest 5 cord of wood a year. Believe it on not I still have the original green case it came in that looks like new( he put the case up an never used it). The case is pretty brickly, but only has one small tear at the place you clamp it together.

Latest posts

Back