Sold a chainsaw on ebay, check this out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is definately here,
Look at the Mcculloch chainsaw thread, post #2206
he has a pic of the DB.

Lee

After reading his posts in the McC thread I have come to the conclusion that the tool is a brick shy of a load...

Sorry for your troubles Lee. You basically gave him the saw and even though you described it as siezed it was all there and looked to be in very good phyisical condition for it's age.

FWIW.. doing a search of AS members online names, amazingly, I find no "treefaller" listed. So he's not one of ours............OR..........?? Perhaps he is.......from the looks of his grasp of the English language and spelling abilities he may be unable to spell his own name the same twice in a row!!

To start with he ought to be slapped for whining at all about buying a complete saw for $20.50 in any condition!!!!!!! AND let's not forget he made the bid, you were not twisting his arm!!:cheers:

Some ebayers use different names than they do for other sites, I'm sure. Although this ebay guy treefaller, or whatever could have used ebay for years and because of bad feedback could have started a new account with a new name. I wouldn't assume he's a rookie or an idiot, he might just be a crook misspelling words on purpose to make you think he lacks understanding.

Well, at least he paid. Still kinda screwed up though. I'd be a bit pissed. It was a $20 saw and worth more, WTF?!

Perhaps..... but to what end?? He paid Lee, just acted stupid in his feedback response on a $20 saw.

Maybe he thought Lee would give him some of his money back to shut him up. Other than that, I wouldn't know. I once had a buyer get all over me and want his money back because of slow delivery..I did the delivery scan on it and found out it had been sitting in his post office for a week! I told him and never heard from him again. When I pay extra for delivery confirmations and send them the number I kinda thought the buyer would run the number before getting onto me, guess not.

You should Pm his a link to this thread. I bet he will shat in his pants when he see's that you are a respected member of AS. ALOT of people don't realize how many AS members buy and sell on ebay.

I once got a real good deal on some two cycle oil and made payment via paypal as requested by the seller. When I tried to follow up on why my oil wasn't delivered I got a BS answer about him not being able to receive paypal. When I offered to make payment another way after I got my money back from paypal he stated the oil was no longer available. He also stated that if I left negative feedback, he would do the same. It was worth it to me to get the negative feedback.

I knew what was coming and was still po'd, so I can certainly understand why you are also especially since you were blindsided by this guy.

I've never sold anything on e-bay, only a buyer. Sometimes it seems like the buyers are in the driver's seat and expect too much on a good deal.

I once bought a saw that showed up with a broken clutch cover. The saw was usable as the break was only over the muffler. In the description there was no mention of this and I believe the saw was fine when he shipped it.
It appeared when I opened it to be well packed, certainly as well or better than I would think was necessary. Apparently USPS was using the package for some toss and drop.

I e-mailed the seller who verified the saw was fine when he packed it and he offered to refund my money if it was returned. I opted to keep the saw and picked up a parts saw from another member of this site. I also left positive feedback as I don't think the seller could have been expected to do any more in this transaction.

The buyer's should step up a bit, too.

Next time the saw that i don't want
will get toss into the dump.
A measely 20 bucks and i get this
kind of BS. From a idiot who doesn't
have a clue.

Lee

post em here next time Lee. I would have bought that from you for the $20 it brought it in.

It's a shame that so many "anuses" are on e-bay, and we never know when we may get stuck having to deal with one. Knock on wood, I've been lucky.

I bought a saw from a seller on the bay who listed it as local pick-up only, and then he goes on to describe his shipping terms. I bid on the saw and win it. I don't here from the guy and I sent him a message. He reply's by saying he is looking into shipping options and will get back to me. A week goes by and he says he can't ship me the saw because its illegal to ship saws. I check his feedback and he's sold several saws and most were shipped.

I was done dealing with the guy and I negged him by saying wouldn't ship saw to winning bidder. E-Bay called that feedback abuse and withdrew my feedback and gave me some kind of warning.

Live and learn but then how can you
spot these idiots before they bid.
2 feedback and i knew i was in trouble.

Be cautious everyone.

Lee

I have seen some seller post that if you have no feedback or negative feedback you must contact seller before bidding. It dosnt look like it would have helped you, because you need at least a 3rd graders reading comprehension. I have got a couple of things that were not what I expected, but in each case I did not pay close enough attention to the description. My fault, still gave positive feedback. On another occasion I bought a saw that needed carb work. Said it ran but did not idle well. After going through it I found a lightly scored piston. Ended up needing rings and a new clutch side seal. I was king of irritated, it also took about a month and a half to get it. All things considered though it came from up north and they were having horrible snowstorms, and I had to assume the guy didnt work on saws and didnt know it had an air leak. It worked as he described so I gave positive feedback. Btw I cant spell well at all. AS has spell check, and for everything else there is google. Some people should learn to use them!

Well, the buyer posted a (misplaced) pic of the saw on another thread, and made several posts there - so it is easy enough to confront him in the open....:givebeer:

The signs of a rather high :monkey: factor is there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back