Solenoid burnt out last night

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a CB. ,Solenoid on it is a Dormeyor, P. no. 2005-m-1, 120 v,60HZ Duty Cont.
I've worked with this type of solenoid for many years on my job. I looked up the specs on the model I have and found nothing for temperature rating. So I figure you have another brand or type. Out of all I've worked with I've never seen one that I would install in 400 f and expect it to operate very long. My CB has an insulated door ans so far I've never had an issue with heat in that area. If you will post the name and part number on the type you use. I may need one for a hot area some time and then know what to buy.
I use the same solenoid as u do. Dormeyer 2005-m-1 And when I was looking them up on the internet the other morning one site had 400°f as a maximum operating temp. And I completely agree with u that a person couldn't expect it to last very long in those working conditions.

Sorry to drag up an old one, but did you ever get this thing up and running? If so, what did you end up doing?

Latest posts

Back