Solo Twin....FINALLY!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did manage to clean it up but it was in pretty bad shape when I got it.

26s.jpg

After cleaning up all the corrosion there were actually hole all the way through the crankcase. JB Weld to the rescue.

35s.jpg

The paint is completely gone on the flywheel cover but the magnesium oxide has such a nice patina I don't want to ruin it with paint.

20170219_165908.jpg

No more derail for now.

Mark

As most of you know, I've wanted a Solo Twin...for YEARS! The right deal just never came along. I wasn't willing to pay the crazy money they go for on eBay, nevermind the fact that there's only been a handful of them sell in the last several years. I've had several guys watching for one for me, even a good friend in Germany. There have been a couple possibilities, but nothing ever came to fruition. Well, that changed yesterday and today. Payment was made shortly after lunch and a tracking number was provided, and I'm now an official owner of a Solo Twin! This is a bookmark day for my chainsaw collection.

Why do I want a Solo Twin so bad? It's add simply as this....The sound! I built and rode a modified Yamaha Banshee for about 10 years. That was my passion long before chainsaw. The Solo Twin sound just like a howling Banshee!

This saw is coming to me as a runner, but it doesn't run right. It has ignition and or carb issues. It's complete with no known structural issues. With a couple of the connections I've made over the years, I should be able to source any parts I may need to bring back this saw to it's howling glory.

Without any further to do, I introduce you to my chainsaw Nirvana.

image%20%281%29-L.jpg

image%20%282%29-L.jpg

image-L.jpg

image%20%283%29-L.jpg

image%20%285%29-L.jpg

image%20%284%29-L.jpg

It should be delivered Saturday.
January%208%2C%202015%20123327%20PM%20EST-L.png

January%208%2C%202015%20123521%20PM%20EST-L.png
any chance you'd ever sell it?

Back