Solo Twin....FINALLY!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i remember the first time i watched a youtube vid of a twin running. they do kinda have to same sound as a banshee don't they. i bet you clean the points and she runs like a million bucks.

I have seen one once at our Spring GTG here in Iowa and even got to make a few cuts. They certainly are unique and sound like nothing else out there.
Congratulations, Brad.

Actually there were TWO Solo Twins at the spring Iowa GTG. I believe yu ran Chris's saw and I had one there also

I saw a guy strip all the paint off one of these. Then he polished all the covers to a mirror finish and clear coated it! Absolutely beautiful yet really mean looking machine! However, my vote is to make it run like new and clean it up. Both the Solo 611 and Echo 610 have opposed cranks. However, since the Echo has opposed cylinders both cylinders fire at exactly the same time so it sounds like a single cylinder saw. The Solo is a side-by-side cylinder arrangement. So the opposed crank allows the cylinders to fire 180 degrees apart. This is what makes that engine run so smooth and scream like a Banshee (Yamaha Banshee)...literally!!!

I'm waiting for the Snellerized twin piped Banshee bike saw build thread.
I still have a banshee. It's my wife bike. It was always fun watching her kick the crap out of my buddies, but they didn't like it so much.

Mine was ported by Lauren Duncan of Duncan Racing. It was a National Midrange port job with Keihin 34PJ carbs and Toomey T5 pipes. It had all of the Pro-Design performance parts on it. I loved riding that thing in the sand dunes at Silver Lake, MI. Not only did I love drag racing it on the flats, but loved sailing over razor backs and counting on the Works shocks to save my life, lol.

Mine was ported by Lauren Duncan of Duncan Racing. It was a National Midrange port job with Keihin 34PJ carbs and Toomey T5 pipes. It had all of the Pro-Design performance parts on it. I loved riding that thing in the sand dunes at Silver Lake, MI. Not only did I love drag racing it on the flats, but loved sailing over razor backs and counting on the Works shocks to save my life, lol.
I've built a handful of banshees over the years. There's nothing like them. The raw power of the tires ripping loose along with that unique sound is something that has to be experienced. I currently have a bigbore race gas YFZ 450. I haven't ridden much the last few years. I think a trip to the dunes might be in order this summer.

On the topic at hand; this saw needs a set of tuned pipes and a badass port job. :numberone:

I had several Banshees over the years, but my favorite was one that was ported by John Stallworth with all the bolt ons. Suspension was stock and hence lousy but that bike would scream. These days you can buy a serious Shee for $2,500 and I still think they are the ultimate dune quad.

Latest posts

Back