Solo Twin....FINALLY!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been a busy day around here. So far I've....

1. Rented a red carpet for the driveway.
  2. Scheduled an honor guard.
  3. Build a shrine to put it in.
  4. Wired electronic candles that can "burn" 24x7x365.
  5. Talked to the major about dedicating tomorrow as a day of honor on its behalf.
You have issues. Lol

Here is my only twin but its a big old girl and sounds amazing

Disston twin:

It's been a busy day around here. So far I've....

1. Rented a red carpet for the driveway.
  2. Scheduled an honor guard.
  3. Build a shrine to put it in.
  4. Wired electronic candles that can "burn" 24x7x365.
  5. Talked to the major about dedicating tomorrow as a day of honor on its behalf.
doesn't seem like enough who will be providing the acceptance speech?

will the parade be before or after the speech?

did you get the permit for the fireworks?

100cc
40mmx40mmx2
are at least going to tear it down make sure everything is ok and get some pics for the saw geeks?

Oh also my vote is restore it to stock including the paint. run through all the seals fuel lines everything, make it tip top stock! it looks like the chain cover has good paint on it.

I still have a few on my wish list but I have managed to put a few unusual saws in the collection as well:

McCulloch BP-1 balanced piston design
Dolmar KMS4 wankle rotary powered
Echo 610evl twin cylinder opposed

I too would like to have a running example of the Solo twin.

Congratulations Brad, sweet saw.

Mark

doesn't seem like enough who will be providing the acceptance speech?

will the parade be before or after the speech?

did you get the permit for the fireworks?

100cc
40mmx40mmx2
are at least going to tear it down make sure everything is ok and get some pics for the saw geeks?
Nik's parish priest will be coming by to give it a blessing. Fireworks are coming, courtesy of Rozzi 's Famous Fireworks. The parade will be led by the Budweiser draft horse team.

I watched the video of brad running the solo and it sounds like a banshee with Toomey pipes and silencers on it .
I had a 2001 banshee with t5 pipes and it brings back memories.

I still have a few on my wish list but I have managed to put a few unusual saws in the collection as well:

McCulloch BP-1 balanced piston design
Dolmar KMS4 wankle rotary powered
Echo 610evl twin cylinder opposed

I too would like to have a running example of the Solo twin.

Congratulations Brad, sweet saw.

Mark
I'm thinking karma
Too balance that out you either had a horrible life or expect a coyote to drop a piano on you or something.

You certainly have some legends there

Im with ya on the Banshees Brad. Once you've owned one there isnt a single cylinder four or two stroke quad that feels or sounds the same. Its kind of like triple cylinder skidoos. My buddies don't understand why I deal with the extra headache of keeping a triple running good but when you take a piped Mach Z 800 for a ride its pretty self explanatory! Much like your reason for wanting this saw I own a Mach Z pretty much cause it sounds cool! Nice saw I didn't realize such an animal even existed.

I'm thinking karma
Too balance that out you either had a horrible life or expect a coyote to drop a piano on you or something.

You certainly have some legends there

I also have a couple of BP399T McCulloch snowmobile engines, one we run from time to time just to hear the sweet music. The offset is that I spend 180 to 200 days per year away from home for business.

Brad, I would keep the first one "au natural" and save the full restoration for one that was not quite so nice to begin with. For me anyway, there is not much point in having it if you're not going to run it.

Mark

I also have a couple of BP399T McCulloch snowmobile engines, one we run from time to time just to hear the sweet music. The offset is that I spend 180 to 200 days per year away from home for business.

Brad, I would keep the first one "au natural" and save the full restoration for one that was not quite so nice to begin with. For me anyway, there is not much point in having it if you're not going to run it.

Mark
It will definitely be run, no matter what I do with it. If I can't hear it run, it's not worth owning.

Yes, Bill, I missed it and I'm sure thats not all I missed. The Spring GTG is getting bigger with more going on every year. Hard to get everything looked at and everyone visited with, but I like the amount of people and saws that we have attend and hope it continues to be well attended.

Brad, Great Saw awesome Find !

Id say blast and Powder and go thru it make it run like new and use it

the powder will help protect the metal

it would go real nice next to your 041 G !

Latest posts

Back