Some crane job photos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastmaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I did this job a few weeks ago. The drive way was really steep, part of the crane was in the garage almost leval and the back was 6ft or more off the ground. the boom was almost straight up and down on must the picks. Because of the angle most the pieces had to be lifted up to pick, I would place a facecut on top cut into it like a Dutchmen, then cut the back as the crane lifted it vertical. Others i found center on them and lift them. From start to finish the boom was almost always straight up and down. Job took 4 hours to do 2 oaks.View attachment 292902View attachment 292903View attachment 292905View attachment 292906View attachment 292901

It sure is something to see a crane jacked up so high. I too like to notch angled limbs onto the crane, it makes for smooth transition.

man i can remember setting the crane up like that some days & just looking at it for a second thinking :dunno: . It can be tricky sometimes when your close to 80 degrees on a pick with only a couple more degrees of boom back.

Back