Some new cutting pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JimiLL

JimiLL

ArboristSite Operative
Heres a property that i just gained access to for cutting firewood. Its a farmer ive known for a while since I started working there when i was twelve.

Enjoy.

005-1-1.jpg

006-2.jpg

009-3.jpg

011-1.jpg

JimiLL

JimiLL

ArboristSite Operative
And last but not least... something i found interesting.

This big beach tree had some irregular growth to the bark and such... so I looked it up and its referred to as "Angel Step".

Supposed to be more common on other types of wood.... like sugar maple. This tree is gonna stay.

014-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

nrford

nrford

ArboristSite Lurker
Now, some of the nice sugar maple i cut up:rock:

007-2.jpg

008-3.jpg

013.jpg

012-1.jpg

Some nice spalting on this one... too bad i cut it up.....not!

010-2.jpg

This is not spalting nor is it hard(sugar) maple. you have soft maple there in the last photo. And some of the other ones sure look like soft maple to me. That spalting is worm track cause by the ambrosia beetle.

JimiLL

JimiLL

ArboristSite Operative
I dont know, there are definitely some hard maple on the propery as well as silver.... this looks much more like the hard stuff found elsewhere

rarefish383

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
That is marking from the Ambrosia bettle, Spalting is a different pattern caused by fungi, no matter it is cool. Folks that turn wood on a lathe would be intersted in those pieces as is. Try posting pics on the turning forum you may have iterest, Joe.

JimiLL

JimiLL

ArboristSite Operative
Not TROLLING, 40 years in the woods and sawmill, qualifies me to KNOW!

Never said you were wrong; I just dont like your attitude....dude

Anyway for the rest of us mortal humans, Ill be back at it again this weekend..so some more pics commin:rock: