Some new cutting pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry JimiLL but he's right, it's not sugar maple. Don't know about the spalting vs beetle debate.

Cool looking beech tree! Be neat to see what the wood grain looks like. Nice pics, thanks for sharing! Have fun!

Are you thinning out thoses trees or clearing for more land? either way it looks like easy wood :msp_thumbup:

Doing a thin as of now... can always take more:bowdown:

If you look in the first pic all the fields between me taking the shot and the barn a few hundred yards off were at one time forest. He cleared it all himself!

Thats where I learned to to run heavy equipment, something that still pays the bills 15 years later. My first run out there was in a Clark 664 Cable skidder with a screamin Detroit 3-53. That sure hurt my 12 year old ears

My two victims for the day:

024-1.jpg

A lowly poplar...

025.jpg

And a nice red oak

025.jpg

028.jpg

Poplar down and cut..... stuff sure cuts like butter

027.jpg

Oak went the way of the lowly poplar

029.jpg

Not quite up to PNW standards, but not bad

026.jpg

Tools

Thats not a red oak, thats a :potstir:soft red oak:potstir: It sure is nice to be able to have access like you and I have. I should post some pics of where I am cutting.

Shea

I was about to take a picture of one of the freakin leaves for any doubters..... lol

I would love to see some pics of your spot, and yes it is quite the blessing!

Latest posts

Back