SOMEBODY HELP ME

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KodiakKen

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have gone from 6 saws down to 3..I have the overwhelming urge to buy another..what should I do? I had a 200t, MS036, MS360, and an MS880..now I have a 201t, 460, and 660...Do I need more? DUH..hell yeah..just don't know if I want a 261 or 362. I have to say my 360 was my go to saw. but after 10 years I felt I needed an upgrade. will the 261 run a 20'' bar good enough at the lighter weight? might get rid of the 460 next and buy a 261 and 362..what the hell..any advice for a homeowner that burns 3 cord a year that has 15 sitting? CAD has bit me too

Ok, I might have a little different take. Do you climb? Ditch the top handle if not. Really not particularly well suited to firewood duty. What your missing is a good limber. I'm thinking a nice Husky 346 or 550 would fit the bill. Yeah, sure the "new" color will stand out at first. But once the dust settles, your wide open to orange saws too ;-) after all they all look the same to the Mrs, right?

I think I'd hang on to the 460. At least until you find something orange (372 or 388?).

IMHO, the 262 is great. The 362? not after you've had a 460.

I really like my top handle saws! :clap: The 201T (35cc) makes a handy light weight(<8lb) limbing saw. Definitely a keeper in my book. :rock:

I have all the climbing equipment. I blew out my knee 2 years ago. I do not make a living doing it but after having a top handle..I won't be without one. I even bought a stihl kombi system with the chainsaw/pruner attachment but don't really use that either..once a year around the house and once a year in the woods. I have done some tree work out of a rental lift for a friend and will continue to climb to help out family and really close friends. I enjoy wood cutting too much not to. just looking for a light ground saw with the power of the 360 for limbing. just wondering about everyones opinions about 261 or 362. I will stick with Stihl saws. never been let down and I take pretty good care of my equipment. like I said earlier..this is no holy crap I need it moment. just wondering about the strato engines power to weight ratio comparisons

If you really want a beast of a "light saw" then you should get a 261 and get it ported. Then it will pull a 20" easily and be a fair bit lighter than the 460. Could feel like more power than your old 360.

Of course that may set you back $7-800 if you get a new one and send it off to a builder.

How much do you use the 660? I have an 044 and a Husky 288xp and rarely ever come into anything where I actually "need" to bust out the 288, but the saw is a hoss. Pretty raw and sounds so badass to run.

Keep the 460. You never know mine is my primary saw. I do have an 026 wich is real nice for small limbing and such. Good luck.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

If you really want a beast of a "light saw" then you should get a 261 and get it ported. Then it will pull a 20" easily and be a fair bit lighter than the 460. Could feel like more power than your old 360.

Of course that may set you back $7-800 if you get a new one and send it off to a builder.

How much do you use the 660? I have an 044 and a Husky 288xp and rarely ever come into anything where I actually "need" to bust out the 288, but the saw is a hoss. Pretty raw and sounds so badass to run.

^^^right there. You read the pro builders threads here, and the big firewood sellers, they like those ported 261s a lot.

You should probably have at least 6. 2 saws per cord per year.

Oh boy. Sitting watching TV and I had to return when my math hit in my brain. I'm in trouble with this kind of math. I cut over 30 cords so far this year. I need to buy a lot of saws fast don't I?

I really like my top handle saws! :clap: The 201T (35cc) makes a handy light weight(<8lb) limbing saw. Definitely a keeper in my book. :rock:

Got my first top handle last spring 192t. It has been added to the list of the last tools I would part with (hookeroon, 192T, X27). I bought the 192T for pruning around the house. Idt has replaced my MS210 as the primary limbing saw.

Harry K

I'm not sure about the 261, but I have run a buddy of mines 362 and enjoyed the hell out of it. Not that heavy that you couldn't use it for hours, and it pulled that 20" bar with authority!

KodiakKen,

No wife then you should get yourself a real nice saw, build a dog house with it and get a wife or something similar to sleep indoors. LOL

Naw, never a wife ( even girl type friends can be trouble) , now a nice compact tractor or standard size unit or maybe a SS ya thats ok, don't talk back or nag, and other such things, upfront cost about the same , maintenance likely cheaper, backside ( divorce) whole lot cheaper maybe even break even. ( got the T-shirt)

Back