Sooo, who heres named there saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the FS saw crew I used to be a part of, it was customary to put an identifying name on the filter cover (easy to misplace your saw when it's in a truck w/ 14 others). Some folks just put their name on the saw, but others would name them as they saw fit.....my personal favorites were "My Little Pony", "Stacy Sweet T:censored: ts" , and "Loosy".

Mine are Alison, Ashley, Anna, and Aubree. (in order of ascending size) The "A" theme was unintentional though.

The 707G

Only got one saw with a name. The red and green Homelite 707G. I call it Smokey. Mainly named after Smokey the Bear for being...well, a big powerful bear. Also for the fact that a blue cloud of exhaust can be seen surrounding the working area whenever it's being operated. Biggest one of the collection, and being gear driven, it's unstoppable.

:spam:

I was trying to hide the smile while I was hearing a few of those names you call your darlings in Ind. :cheers:
Well actually I shorten most of their names to mother,if I wanted to use the shortened version of their complete name.:hmm3grin2orange:

Now y'all may think I'm nutz but those saws really can understand English.I told that danged Homelite 2100 if it refused to start in Indy it may end up as part of an engine block for a Toyota.It behaved it's self admirabley,I might add.

Ive been tryin to figure out a good name for my 7900.

It doesnt seem much like a lucie or suzie.
Or sally

Gertrudes availiable, as well as abigail and agnus.

Haaahha

So who names there saws and what do the girls go by?

Unless, you, give them, guy names.
Just dont reply then.

heh

-Pat

help is required here,:phone: :jawdrop:

My kids name my saws for me...
Lol! My kid named our car Tinkerbelle, iyiyiyiyiyi, sort of appropriate considering how much fiddling I do with it (silver Tercel with over 205k). I don't call my saws anything 'cept what they are and dread the day kid names 'em, probably end up with something like 'Fluffly' & 'Snot' :D

:greenchainsaw:

Most dont have names but the 44's are called naughty whores or just whores, The 88 is called Hate. I had two 346xp we dubbed the swedish twins. Otherwise they are just refered to as noisey toys or noise makers.

"double odd buck"

Just to set you back on the straight and narrow, the term is "double-ought buck" where "ought" is an old term for zero. 00 Buck is about .33" in diameter and for some reason is illegal to use on deer here in Kentucky. :confused:

reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shotgun_shell#Buckshot

and now back to your regularly scheduled chat on who names chainsaws and why.

Ian

Just to set you back on the straight and narrow, the term is "double-ought buck" where "ought" is an old term for zero. 00 Buck is about .33" in diameter and for some reason is illegal to use on deer here in Kentucky. :confused:

reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shotgun_shell#Buckshot

and now back to your regularly scheduled chat on who names chainsaws and why.

Ian
Once again I shall wake up in the morning wonderin' wtf that crust on my 'stash is, it's SNOT stew! (old joke about the geezer with the beard never cleaning anything out, during the winter he'd order a cup of water in the local greasy spoon, and plunk his whiskers in ta soak, its called 'soup'................(gag).........) Yup, knew him till his liver kjacked. :D
Kk, I'm inventing a 'spew-screen' for my keyboard, towels get soggy and the hamster gets full after dfgspace, (left to right that is, or its -+enter*963del, oh nvm), only Tuesday ya say? Hm, still feels like Monday.

:monkey:

Poulan WILD THING "the panty dropper"

Last edited:
I only call mine a name when I am having trouble with it. They all have the same name at those times. It has to do with their lineage on their mothers side. :givebeer:

Ya, I got a horrible one for you. My 460 Stihl has had so many hours and parts put into her that I named "Sarah" like a girl I used to know....

Latest posts

Back