Speeco with wedge on beam

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mn woodcutter

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have a Speeco with the wedge on the beam. I just bought one and don't know much about it. I've only seen the newer ones with the wedge on the cylinder. Also wondering how to know what ton it's rated at. Thanks

I will take pictures later but it's definitely not the 15 ton. It has a 6 hp honda motor that isn't original because it's new.

It doesn't look anything like the 15 ton in the picture. When measuring the cylinder do I measure the outside of the case? (Sorry if that's a dumb question)

It looks factory to me. The welds and the design including the under mount hydraulic tank. However I can find a matching one online anywhere. So maybe someone pieced this thing together. I split with it for about an hour and it worked flawlessly. Even the pump handle with the makeshift visegrips worked ok!

Looks home built to me...

4.25" cylinder (which is an odd size, its probably a 4") would be just a hair over 21 tons at 3000 psi. And even that's based on an actual 4.25 inches. the piston will be smaller than the outside of the cylinder.

Latest posts

Back