Spotted a "Wild Thang"!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a saw with the chain on backwards once, although it may have been better than the front of the chain which was 1/4" pitch, it looked like it had been sharpened with a 7/32 file.

WadePatton said:
In the pawn shop where I got the 7900.

And I happened to notice that the chain was on backwards!:dizzy: :laugh: :buttkick:
Chain on a "Wild Thing" backwards, hmmm. Reminds me of a doctor, true story, who came to me fussing and carring on cause his new chain I made him didn't cut worth a hoot, I had done something terribly wrong according to him, he was ticked, all my fault his saw stopped cutting. I said lets have a look at it. He goes to his car and brings me the saw, he had put the chain on backwards. I put it on right for him and politely told him I hoped he didn't work in the emer. room...

A doctor with a chainsaw?I guess in some cases a large education alone is no match for good common sense.Maybe its me,but a doctor with a chain saw is hard to imagine.

mikey said:
A doctor with a chainsaw?I guess in some cases a large education alone is no match for good common sense.Maybe its me,but a doctor with a chain saw is hard to imagine.[/QUOTE
Oh he was a trip for sure, Mr.Know It All. Him and his lil Wild Thing and his ignorance made my day. Around town he was a well known doctor, around the shop he was a well known pain in the a--.

THALL10326 said:
mikey said:
A doctor with a chainsaw?I guess in some cases a large education alone is no match for good common sense.Maybe its me,but a doctor with a chain saw is hard to imagine.[/QUOTE
Oh he was a trip for sure, Mr.Know It All. Him and his lil Wild Thing and his ignorance made my day. Around town he was a well known doctor, around the shop he was a well known pain in the a--.

Apparently from his choice in saws, he is a cheap a-- too ! :laugh:

You'd think someone with that kind of money might pop a little more out for a better saw:confused: .

TimberPig said:
THALL10326 said:

You'd think someone with that kind of money might pop a little more out for a better saw:confused: .
Samething I was thinking the whole time, that cheap :censored: Best of all though after I told him I hoped he didn't work in the ER we didn't see him much after that, good thing too, I thought I was going to have to go see him for the major pain in the a-- he gave me, that cheap bas:censored:

TimberPig said:
THALL10326 said:

Heck Timber that isn't anything. Had a lawyer bring me a MS290 one time, the whole side of the saw was melted off from trying to use it with the chain brake on. When I showed him what he had done wrong he said his wife had been using it. I thought yep, typical lawyer, lying sucker but I was nice, I never said a word but I was thinking, him and the doc make a good pair...

Sounds like between the doctor and the lawyer their ineptness could keep you in good business if they weren't such a pain to have to deal with :laugh: .

I guess it just goes to show you, some people just have no skill with their hands and should just pay someone to do it instead:confused: . But by the sounds of these two, they are both cheap, wealthy and PITA, but still think they know better :p.

In the case of the lawyer, he sounds like far too many of them. They lie their a-- off, try to cover it up, and think you never caught on :laugh:.

THALL, you just gave me the laugh of the day with your story about the melted Stihl. The fact that the saw was run so long with the brake engaged is hilarious and only is better with the excuse "my wife did it"! :laugh: I am reminded of an incident from years ago when I was working at a McCulloch dealer. It wasn't a chainsaw, but a rear engine rider. An older guy (65+) from probably 3-5 miles from the shop brought in his lawn tractor for repair (it wouldn't run I recall). How he did this was what amazed me; his wife drove the car and he tied a rope from the rear bumper to the front of his rider! :dizzy: I laughed so hard when I saw that rig roll in the driveway! I remember checking the wheel bearings to see if they were smoked or glowing red, but they seemed okay. I greased them well when it was in the shop for repair. When it was ready to go, he came to pick it up and just drove it home while his wife took the car.

My first thought was to check and make sure there would not be straight gas in it.

Regarding the chain brake, my wife took our 4 wheeler for a drive to the post office (little over a mile and a half) with the parking brake on. Fortunately the rotor was OK and all I had to get was a new caliper, as the original one was severely overheated, too much to just replace the seals.

spacemule said:
Why is it so hard to believe his wife used the saw? Seems you're calling him a liar prematurely.

No no no, when he came in the door with that look of "I :censored: up" I knew he was guilty. He may have been a lawyer but in the shop I'm da judge. I knew he was telling me a big one when I told him to be sure and tell his wife about the chain brake. He never said a word. Had my old woman melted my saw I would have said "don't you worry, I'm gonna do more than just tell her". That cat never said one word so it was obvious to me he was the guilty varmit in this now famous case of who melted the Stihl, not his better half. Anutter thing too, him being a lawyer and his wife running a MS290 kinda makes ya wonder who wears the pants in that house:laugh: :laugh:

Gearhead1 said:
THALL, you just gave me the laugh of the day with your story about the melted Stihl. The fact that the saw was run so long with the brake engaged is hilarious and only is better with the excuse "my wife did it"! :laugh: I am reminded of an incident from years ago when I was working at a McCulloch dealer. It wasn't a chainsaw, but a rear engine rider. An older guy (65+) from probably 3-5 miles from the shop brought in his lawn tractor for repair (it wouldn't run I recall). How he did this was what amazed me; his wife drove the car and he tied a rope from the rear bumper to the front of his rider! :dizzy: I laughed so hard when I saw that rig roll in the driveway! I remember checking the wheel bearings to see if they were smoked or glowing red, but they seemed okay. I greased them well when it was in the shop for repair. When it was ready to go, he came to pick it up and just drove it home while his wife took the car.

:laugh: :laugh: haha, now thats a good one. And to think they say kids do the durnest things, kinda makes ya wonder don' it but I reckon us lucky ones will all get old someday do get a chance to do some of those durnest things. Maybe the ole feller was like Forrest Gump, he sure loved his rear engine Snapper.

mikey said:
I'm trying to picture the wife of a lawyer cranking a chainsaw to begin with?

Good point Mike. She wasn't cranking no saw, he was doing the cranking and the melting too though he never admitted it. When he came to pick it up after I put a new case on it, along with a oil pump, and alot of utter goodies he burnt up I told him to be sure to tell his wife about the chain break. He never said a word, just paid his bill and out the door he went. I convicted him of chainsaw slaughter due lack of knowledge about the chain break and sentanced him to a hefty fine (repair bill) and severals years of telling on him:laugh: :laugh: Da lawyer can't fool da judge,haha...

Back