Starting a business in Western MD need help!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electrictrimmer

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have been doing tree work for some time now and I have a forestry degree to supplement background. I am wanting to start a small business strictly for the weekends. I want to start small with very little overhead. I already own all the saws and climbing gear I need to do the work. I plan on using my pickup and buying a dump trailer to haul brush. My area needs a complete tree care business to run the shady ones out of town. I have a Maryland tree license. What do I need to get started?

Small business license
Insurance
Work mans comp

Anything else?
Who do I contact to help get started?

I have been doing tree work for some time now and I have a forestry degree to supplement background. I am wanting to start a small business strictly for the weekends. I want to start small with very little overhead. I already own all the saws and climbing gear I need to do the work. I plan on using my pickup and buying a dump trailer to haul brush. My area needs a complete tree care business to run the shady ones out of town. I have a Maryland tree license. What do I need to get started?

I work in the health insurance industry. I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Back