Stihl 026 OILER

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
check inside the tank, the powder coat is flaking off mine and clogging up inside, i flush it out with varsol after every use and seem's to be better now. will have to take apart and remove all the powder coat. good saw just unhappy with that part of it.

After a tank full of sawdust, the most common cause is the clutch drum bearing (or the drum) gets badly worn, causes the drum to go eccentric, then the oiler worm arm and worm get broken.

After a tank full of sawdust, the most common cause is the clutch drum bearing (or the drum) gets badly worn, causes the drum to go eccentric, then the oiler worm arm and worm get broken.

How difficult is it to convert an 026 oiler to the adjustable one for an 026 Pro?

Easy if you have the right crankcase (if it has a hole for the oil adjustment in the bottom, it's correct). You'll need a new oil pump, worm drive, sleeve, washer, and clutch drum.

IMO.. not worth it... It won't put out oil at idle but you'll get no more out of it. Does anyone run the oiler at anything but max?;)

Does anyone run the oiler at anything but max?;)

Mine puts out enough at mid throttle that the oil flies out from the sprocket area and spews in drops above the chain on the top. I don't mind enough oil but that oil is not on the chain, it is in the air above it. Where is the adjustment on the 026?..

hey Paul pretty sure the 026 if not a pro model the oiler has no adjustment. i have an 026 non pro model and no adjuster.

Unless you have a 'PRO" model, there is no adjustment - it runs at full volume. PRO - hole in the bottom that accesses a the pump adjuster. All except early production non-pro also have the hole, but no adjuster.

Mine puts out enough at mid throttle that the oil flies out from the sprocket area and spews in drops above the chain on the top. I don't mind enough oil but that oil is not on the chain, it is in the air above it. Where is the adjustment on the 026?..

Look underneath. There should be a hole giving you acess to the adjustment screw. It only turns a quarter turn though, so be aware and dont force it thinking its stuck.
Andy.

Thanks all! When I bought the saw the guy said it has an adjustable oiler. Which way is Up and Down, the normal "clockwise to shut off / reduce flow"?

Latest posts

Back