Stihl 026 price question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trek5900

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
A local dealer has a Stihl 026 with 20 inch bar and chain for $235. Is that a fair price?

I appreciate the help I get on this forum.

A local dealer has a Stihl 026 with 20 inch bar and chain for $235. Is that a fair price?

If he'll stand behind it then that's probably an ok price. Would be better if it was $175 but you could do worse. 20'' bar is a bit much for that saw if you plan on burying it in hardwood all day.

I think the price is fair also, assuming the saw is in good condition. I also agree on the 20" bar length being a bit much. I prefer an 18" b&c.

that is about 1/2 of new

prices on 026s vary, but good running 026s are never ''given away"

I bought one for $225 from a Stihl dealer. He had checked compression (162 psi), installed a new fuel and air filter and a new chain. Cosmetic condition was good (not excellent) and I got a 30-day warranty.

I saw one at a pawn shop this week for $180. Compression "felt" good and it was in very good cosmetic condition, but the air filter was shot. I might have gotten it for a bit less.

Latest posts

Back