Stihl 026 Time Capsule

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I'll send it over in the morning. Actually wouldnt mind knowing the born on date of both of my 026's.
No guarantees on the 026's... 1995 is about the oldest saw I have successfully looked up on the Stihl system.

What's the difference between an 026 and an 026 PRO?

Thank You,
hseII

"100% of Home Invasions Occur in a Home" - Sharpsburg

What's the difference between an 026 and an 026 PRO?

Thank You,
hseII

"100% of Home Invasions Occur in a Home" - Sharpsburg
The Pro version features a decompression button and an adjustable oiler. All else is the same.

Lately I've been seeing a lot of 026 trough MS 260 PRO saws being described as "MINT". Sure, there's no sawdust on them, but the plastic is yellowed and the paints knocked off. I know it's not a 026, but I'd like to share my opinion of a mint saw. Yes, it's been ran, the chain is original and unsharpened.

After a year of casually scouring the list for nice saws, I finally found the one I needed. I'm quite fond of the 024 through MS 260 PRO series, and then this one popped up. Not a you suck price, but I'm happy with it!

Lately I've been seeing a lot of 026 trough MS 260 PRO saws being described as "MINT". Sure, there's no sawdust on them, but the plastic is yellowed and the paints knocked off. I know it's not a 026, but I'd like to share my opinion of a mint saw. Yes, it's been ran, the chain is original and unsharpened.

Nice saw, but I never claimed mint. It's a gem though, I've had 6 026's and this one's in the best original shape I've personally found.

I bought one new in the box 3 or 4 years ago. Kept it a while and sold it to another member. There were some pictures of it, but they might be gone now.
I've still got the saw. I've maybe run it once trimming a pine.

Nice saw, but I never claimed mint. It's a gem though, I've had 6 026's and this one's in the best original shape I've personally found.

Yes, I'll agree that your's is very nice. I was referring to the trading post ones. I think the last couple have been a little over described by the seller.

Yes, I'll agree that your's is very nice. I was referring to the trading post ones. I think the last couple have been a little over described by the seller.

Totally agree, mint is pretty much unused state with so signs of use.

Yeah. There's also a MS TOOT described as "immaculate" that doesn't show too well in the pics.

The Pro version features a decompression button and an adjustable oiler. All else is the same.

As far as I know the pro's also have a wider air filter, different style of tank vent and a different rear cover.

It was a dealer. Another member posted about buying one. This dealer had several on hand still new in the box. I think that thread got lost because I have been unable to find it.

Sounds right, there's probably still a handful of ne 260's out there on dealer shelves. There was an ace hardware locally that had one a year and a half ago. Last time I was in there.

Sounds right, there's probably still a handful of ne 260's out there on dealer shelves. There was an ace hardware locally that had one a year and a half ago. Last time I was in there.
My local dealer still has 3 new MS 260 Pro's in boxes. I bought one in the summer of 2012.
My MS 660 is still waiting for me to bring her home, one day.

Latest posts

Back