Stihl 032AV Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highpower

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I inherited this saw a couple years ago. It was in great shape, just wouldn't start. Long story short, I took it to a local shop and he put a new electronic ignition in and it ran great until a wire broke loose and stuck out the back by the kill switch. I took it back and he had it fixed the next day. Now the wire is sticking out the back of the saw and it wont start again. I can't figure out where the wire goes. The kill switch single pole and one wire and the wire that is still attached appears to be grounded to the coil. Do both wires connect to the switch?
Thanks

Can you post a pic? I'm thinking one wire to the switch, which grounds out the coil to the saw body through switch........maybe. Will go down to the shop and look at my 031.

edit; after looking at mine...........only one wire as I thought. Maybe a new wire was added with the new ignition but the original left in place? Dunno...... See where that wire goes........

Last edited:
The wire from the coil primary goes to both the trigger module and the switch. The switch simply grounds these wires to the saw body - killing the spark. Yes, they could be both conenctd at the back of the switch (not how I do it... I join them on the module). Join them togther - the saw should run.

Take the recoil cover off and make sure the wire(s) are not worn or cracked.

Last edited:
After company left today I put the saw back together and the 032 is running again. Thanks again for the help.

Latest posts

Back