stihl 090 av is it still viable?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2005????? must be less enviro nazis up there!!!!! so you know where plenty are??:):):)
I bought the last ones available in Canada, it went the way of the 038 and the Stihl 2 man auger with the 08S power head if I recall.
I wish I had of over extended myself and bought 100 of those 090's and parted them out, but I guess I didn't for the same reason I didn't buy ten dodge Baracudas. lol
John

I bought the last ones available in Canada, it went the way of the 038 and the Stihl 2 man auger with the 08S power head if I recall.
I wish I had of over extended myself and bought 100 of those 090's and parted them out, but I guess I didn't for the same reason I didn't buy ten dodge Baracudas. lol
John

I wish you would have. I still remember the 090's you (sunlover) sold for $1299 on ebay.

Bill

Hello John,

I also kick myself for passing on your 088 saws for $999 plus $50 shipping:censored:

Bill

Me too, They are pretty pretty useless stock, but you can always flip them.
Makes me wonder why anybody would ever buy a 3120 when they could have an 088?
John

The 090 really shines in 60"+ bars. And yes the Modern AV version is as smooth as an 088. We still use mine on occasion, and for the really long bars, even my ported 088 and 880, as well as Mac 125's, will not hold a candle to the big saw. I have run them all in big wood with bars buried. The 090's are simply in a class of their own.

Latest posts

Back