STIHL 361 vs a rotten tree at moms today.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh1981

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Nice day in north georgia today. went up to help my mom in the yard. She lives in forsyth county GA. I am only 1 county down from her.

Had a rotten tree that had to be cut down before it became an issue. Started by cutting off 2 good size limbs with KM110R STIHL Kombi with pole saw attatchment (12 inch bar STIHL Picco chain). Cut through them in no time. Chips were flying! Then I took the STIHL MS 361 with a 16 inch oregon bar/oregon full chisel chain and cut down the rest of it. Got it right where I wanted it. The felling line on this saw works great.

Here are the pictures.

361 on stump.

stihl361with16inchoregonbarandfullchiselchainonstump.jpg

rotten in middle of stump. went all the way down!

rotinstump.jpg

log cut in half. rotten.

logcutinhalfshowinginsiderot.jpg

limbs from tree.

limbsfromtree.jpg

6-8 inch log.

6-8inchlog.jpg

logs from tree. wish I had a wood fireplace I would of brought them home.

logs6-8inchesround.jpg

wheel barrel brush and 361.

wheelbarrlelchainsawbrushandrake.jpg

we also cut down 6-8 of these little pines. cut through half way push over by hand.

smallpinetree.jpg

all in all a good day. good we got it down because if we hadnt it would of been a problem falling into the trees behind it.

The 361 sure is a fun saw to use!

they are a good pro saw for the homeowner/farmer/rancher/city slicker/country folk. Best 60CC money can buy IMO.

Now I could of easily used the 066 I have (dual port muffler) but would of been overkill for this job. I save that for the BIG wood :)

Stepup Man Give that saw ay least a 18" or 20" bar balance is real nice that way.

walk in the park for 361

I downed & whacked up a similar size dead hickory last year with
a little Husky 435, my loader looks similar to yours, more trouble moving
wood than sawing it up.

Maybe save it for campfires or weenie roasts later in fall.

I like the 20" on my 361. Just balances right for me with the twenty.

It's one of the best investments I have ever made. It shall cut many loads of firewood this year! I sold 133 loads one winter, bout three or four years ago. I hav'ent came close to selling that much sense. Regular work was very slow that year.

Latest posts

Back