Stihl 440 whats your opinion?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just a few of my saws the 041 means the world to me it was my paps I put a 25in hardnose on it. I only take it out for fun when im not busy more of a toy to me. I worked the past 25 days straight even Christmas going back out tomorrow that's why it takes so long for replys. I am a certified trainer and was into powerliting a few years ago and im addicted to hard work and running saws-splitting wood- making hay......really makes you strong and fit.....the kind of strong and fit you don't get in the gym.

I bought an MS440 new eleven years ago. It has been the most solid, dependable performer I could ask for. Zero issues. Zero. Runs like a champ at any altitude. Pulls 28" full-skip through huge pine and fir like a hot knife through butter. Handles absolutely perfect. Just a great saw for me.

My .02

I love my 440. Dad bought an 044 new. Two best saws I've ever seen. Not a seconds trouble from either and cut like champs

The 440 is still (and always have been) in production. It has been sold on and off in the US for the last 5 years or so. The 440R model is listed on the Stihl USA web site, so they are available in the US again. Not all distributors ordered them, so not all dealers will have them listed or available locally. They have been available in many other countries after they were discontinued for sale here. The 361 is also still being made in Brazil and it is still sold in the southern hemisphere.

I buy every one I come across providing my saw fund allows.

I Don't know why, my original one never let's me down. I guess because the first 1 stihl works so good. ;)

hseII

Back