Stihl 441 Magnum CM

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterChipps

Reaction score
I've run about 15 tanks of fuel through this beast with a 20" bar and just finished cutting 5 30 foot 20" white oak stalks. Just smokes thru them.
Can't for the life of me figure out what the silver slotted head screw is on top left of power head. It's countersunk into a rubber grommet, opposite side of comp release. From factory it is bottomed out CW and there is not a peep about it in the manual. Any ideas?

That is for hooking up NOS if you buy that option:big_smile:

Just kidding , it is the screw for removing the top cover

Throw you a cup of Kerosene in that oil and it'll fix you right up. Bar oil is bar oil, just thin it to your liking. Just remember, when the saw warms up the bar oil thins out inside the saw so it's all good, just takes a little longer to pour from the jug. ;)

Just remember, when the saw warms up the bar oil thins out inside the saw so it's all good, just takes a little longer to pour from the jug. ;)

Very true.

Never really used winter weight unless temps were way below freezing, and I'm in a slightly colder area than you.

Two tricks to try to get the oil flowing from the jug. First if possible leave it in the cab of the truck. It will stay somewhat warm and not be as viscous, Second if the oil container is dark colored, leave it in the direct bright sunlight. Old sol has a way of keeping those dark containers and their contents warmer than the air temp.

This one an old logger showed me years ago. Keep the oil in a relatively warm place and fill the saw(s) prior to heading out. Then put the jug in a beat up small cooler, the cheap soft, foil lined ones work great and the oil will stay in a decent pourable state for easily 4 or 5 hours.

Take Care

I usually don't use winter weight until less than 20, so therefore, I don't go through that much and I will pay the extra cost for the specialized winter stuff, usually from tsc for about $13 a gallon.

Went I cut full time, I took the advice above and just used a cooler to keep warm. An igloo lunch bucket kept it throughout the day.

Back