Stihl 441C vs C-M identification

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, Thanks again for the information. I had tried to figure out their system based on logic, but I failed! You would think the M-Tonic saws should be labeled with an M to reflect they have the electronic system they are so proud of. The web site seems to list all the M-Tronic saws as "C-M", but the same saw without M-Tronic is not labeled a "C" ... go figure! (Only referring to the Professional Saw category).

Guys, Thanks again for the information. I had tried to figure out their system based on logic, but I failed! You would think the M-Tonic saws should be labeled with an M to reflect they have the electronic system they are so proud of. The web site seems to list all the M-Tronic saws as "C-M", but the same saw without M-Tronic is not labeled a "C" ... go figure! (Only referring to the Professional Saw category).

If you think Stihl saw labeling is weird, try their chains. It defies logic and I never did figure out what all the numbers mean.

Delving into the archives here about the 441, I found this one that I was involved with back in '08:

http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...e-and-or-heated-handles-and-carb.84234/page-2

That was a debate about the 441 C-Q models, and that/why they were not available with the VW (Arctic option). The 441 has always been a controversial saw in the Stihl lineup. I did finally get my 441 plane Jane last year though. Only took me 5 years to find one...

This is an old thread and I'm not sure anyone will look at it.
I will plead my case and admit my mistake anyway.
A few days ago I was browsing a local classifieds page and see a 441 C for sale.
The listing said $400 obo. I thought could this be the day? As it turned out it was the day I got my first pro saw.

The saw was fairly dirty in dire need of a new chain but in excellent shape. 2013 model SN: 176608834
To make it better it came along with a 24 inch stihl bar and I haggled him to $375.

An awesome day for any saw lover.

The mistake:
She cleaned up great and looked almost new after much work late into the night.
I somehow got the carburetor linkage out of synchronization and in my haste I did this.......

I don't know what to do.
Most every carb. a throttle shaft is a replaceable component. In my experience with automobiles this part would not be available.

Can anyone please offer some advice on the least expensive (not the cheapest)
Repair for this?
Any other model carbs have the same shaft?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    343.3 KB · Views: 28
Sorry, not familiar with 441C, and can't make out much from your pic. However, great deal on the saw and best of luck with it.

I would think what ever went wrong, the dealer should have replacement parts.

Back