Stihl 500i R availability?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glen's didn't have one, but they tipped me off that Lake Steven's Ace hardware of all places did.. Its not an R model.... I still might go get it tomorrow.

Just couldn't do it without the wrap bar. I went, picked it up.. Stood around for 20 minutes with no help an decided to walk out... I looked at retrofitting the wrap bar, but I could not tell if it work.

Want to ship me from you local dealer?

Howard

Just couldn't do it without the wrap bar. I went, picked it up.. Stood around for 20 minutes with no help an decided to walk out... I looked at retrofitting the wrap bar, but I could not tell if it work.

Howard

It is a lot of coin. I'm tempted but the 3 that I have now fill all my needs and then some more.

Howard

You might call Coastal they had some wraps a while back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a lot of coin. I'm tempted but the 3 that I have now fill all my needs and then some more.
I was thinking of finding a straw buyer and sending them Paypal etc.

Can you retrofit the wrap bar? It looks like they are about $170 online

If someone is willing- I will call the dealer, pay with my card.. I will cover shipping and some money for your time... 500i R, any size bar..

I saw a 500I i at Northwest Logging, Mcminnville ORE, and 1 may still be at Cowlitz River Rigging, Worth a call . Got mine at Stark Street Beaverton, OR with 28" manager said it had been there 5 mos and didn't know why they were shipped one.

Cowlitz River Rigging was out of R versions before the first of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If someone is willing- I will call the dealer, pay with my card.. I will cover shipping and some money for your time... 500i R, any size bar..
Most dealers frown upon that method. As in paying over the phone. When I was shipping saws to Oz, NZ, the EU and California, they DID NOT WANT TO KNOW anything about grey market saw purchases of shipping anything. I was buying up two or three 200T, 361s and 440 a week then. I had to shop at different dealers to cover the volume. And I always paid in cash. I have over 100 new Stihl saw purchases listed in the Stihl DB in my alias names.

May want to give our friend in Yukon a holler. He used to buy and shop saws grey market stateside. He had good prices on them. Though the CDN $ is up to 78 cents now from a low of 70.

Most dealers frown upon that method. As in paying over the phone. When I was shipping saws to Oz, NZ, the EU and California, they DID NOT WANT TO KNOW anything about grey market saw purchases of shipping anything. I was buying up two or three 200T, 361s and 440 a week then. I had to shop at different dealers to cover the volume. And I always paid in cash. I have over 100 new Stihl saw purchases listed in the Stihl DB in my alias names.

May want to give our friend in Yukon a holler. He used to buy and shop saws grey market stateside. He had good prices on them. Though the CDN $ is up to 78 cents now from a low of 70.

I think I just found one locally! I will be at their front door at 8am tomorrow..

Thanks everyone!

Cowlitz River Rigging was out of R versions before the first of the year.
Madsens only sells R model 500i saws. But as I said, they do not know when the next batch will come in. No one does. Stihl distribution and warehousing is by region.

500i and 500i R differ in that the R models have a larger rubber dangling chip deflector in the side cover, a 3/4 wrap TH, and large dual dawgs. There are 4 models listed in my Australia/New Zealand IPL: the plain 500i, the 500i Z (stiffer springs), 500i RZ (stiffer springs and 3/4 wrap), and 500i W (arctic model with a magneto and heated handles). I presume that the R models in the US are the same as the RZ models down under. That was the case with the 441. In the UK they are listed as RS models.

Back