Stihl 661 7 vs 8 pin - Full Skip vs Full Comp - 28" bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
geez dude did your pyscho stocking ex, get pissed at you and run it over or something??!?!?! :crazy2:

yeah ya know what, go ahead and send it, make sure you include that maxim magazine on the table there. She's ok!

No way! I bought this from an up standing gentleman in the alley way behind a massage parlor. We couldn't fire it up because he didn't want to interrupt the massages currently going on but he promised it was a strong running saw. I had to take his word.

I wonder how much work would it take to convert the twist lock rain cover to the traditional screw down style.

No way! I bought this from an up standing gentleman in the alley way behind a massage parlor. We couldn't fire it up because he didn't want to interrupt the massages currently going on but he promised it was a strong running saw. I had to take his word.
:drinking: Dude, the Golden Touch closed down. And are you sure it was his word that he gave you? Or was it da herps

I wonder how much work would it take to convert the twist lock rain cover to the traditional screw down style.
Impossible with the design of the 661

You would have to start with the filter base and flange, and the filter base for the 066/660 wont fit the design of the 661
The carb housing, shroud, and air baffle are very different as well

I should have clarified, I didn't mean modify to use the 660 cover, but eliminate the twist lock the 661 uses. There's always a few fines under the 661 air filter when I remove mine. It's as if it doesn't seal completely. I know I can dab some grease on the airfilter but if If I could tighten it down a little further it would probably solve that issue.

I should have clarified, I didn't mean modify to use the 660 cover, but eliminate the twist lock the 661 uses. There's always a few fines under the 661 air filter when I remove mine. It's as if it doesn't seal completely. I know I can dab some grease on the airfilter but if If I could tighten it down a little further it would probably solve that issue.
Slap a washer on top of the filter, before you install the cover ................. not too thick or she wont lock over center

Latest posts

Back