stihl fs 90r trimmer with chainsaw pruner head

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbergeon

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Does anyone use a stihl fs 90r with the chainsaw head? How does it do?

Do they make shaft extensions for longer reach?

Thanks

Does anyone use a stihl fs 90r with the chainsaw head? How does it do?

Do they make shaft extensions for longer reach?

Thanks

I have used one and its short reach doesn't help with too much. I also believe the shaft, clutch and gars are a little light on the fs90 for the pole saw attachments. The fs 110 is about the same. both are better than the 90 or 110 rx which is made to be lighter.

INMO it was just too short to be of much use.

It works just fine. The clutch and shaft are the same parts used on a FS110r. Both have a lifetime clutch shoe and shaft warranty. Reason they do that is because they don't break.

I've got probably abut 10 hours of running the FS90R/Pruner combo in the past few weeks. So far it is working great. I've trimmed up a bunch of pines and spruces so the mowing tractor would clear and the latest project is a bunch of wild roses and small trees on a steep hillside that are growing up toward the power lines. The only problem I ran into was while holding it a an odd angle, I hit the choke lever and killed the engine a few times.

It works just fine. The clutch and shaft are the same parts used on a FS110r. Both have a lifetime clutch shoe and shaft warranty. Reason they do that is because they don't break.

I've got probably abut 10 hours of running the FS90R/Pruner combo in the past few weeks. So far it is working great. I've trimmed up a bunch of pines and spruces so the mowing tractor would clear and the latest project is a bunch of wild roses and small trees on a steep hillside that are growing up toward the power lines. The only problem I ran into was while holding it a an odd angle, I hit the choke lever and killed the engine a few times.

You guys find the length to work well for you?

I never new that about the warrenty on the fs90. I thought that was only on the larger models.

good to know

I didn't know that about the warranty either. Good to know.

As far as the length goes, it works well cutting the limbs that the tractor hits while mowing. We still have a pole saw that extends to about 18 feet that has and always will see lots of use. It was nice using the FS90R with the Pruner when I was in the briars and wild roses.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Thanks everyone for your answers.

I've used the fs 90 trimmer for a few years, picked up the chainsaw head to trim up the low hangers, it works great.

I've got a silver maple in the front yard that needs to be trimmed a little higher.

Do they make an extension that goes on this thing or do I need to do something different?

Thanks

They make a 2 or 4 ft extension for the Kombi unit but it may not fit for you or you may have to adapt it.

I've got an FS85R and run a pole pruner on it sometimes. Works pretty well for limbing, but so far it hasn't really proven to be THAT much more useful than a small saw, except for a couple of extra feet of reach.

To me, the real advantage of the pole pruners come when you have the dedicated pruners (forget the model #s) that can handle the much longer extensions. Or maybe I'm wrong and the trimmers can handle the same type of extensions?

Latest posts

Back