Stihl - Ignition Module Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

secureland

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi,
This is from my 026.

I removed the ignition module to clean it and behind it.

Now there is a 1.5 inch long wire with a roiund terminal socket coming off of it, and I don't know where it goes, woops, duh. It appears like there might be a threaded hole into the ignition module, but I'm not sure if this is it. I don't recal unscrewing it, and can't seem to find a screw/bolt for this hole. I've been reading the IPL and can't find the a short wire like this coming off of the ignition module.

Does anybody know where it goes?

Thanks,
Bill

Last edited:
Yeah, it goes on the upper of two screws holding the ignition module on. Have you vac tested your case yet? Lakeside once said he thinks it is your FW side seal, and he seems to have an uncanny ability to telepathically (or is it telepathologically LOL) diagnose saw problems. If you clean the rubber manifold well, and the exhaust port on the cylinder, you can seal the saw with Gorilla brand duct tape. Just leave the little support ring in the manifold to keep it from collapsing. I tested my ms200 to 20 inches of vacuum for about 30 seconds, but I dont really know the specs on that part.

Also make sure you set your ignition module gap at .010". (ten thousandths)
I use a brass feeler gauge, and slip it in there by rotating the flywheel into position where the magnet sucks the coil right up to it with the gauge in between. Tighten the screws and you got it. But check that seal first, and if it's bad, you might wanna have the dealer replace that one, as it is a real booger to do without the proper Stihl $200+ tool......:dizzy:

OOOPS!!! I did not see the 1.5 inch long part, that one I thought has a push type terminal...maybe the IPL will show something.

Last edited:
The hole on the round terminal socket is to small for the 2 bolts that hold the ignition module on to fit through. If you look closely you'll see another hole on the metal of the ignition module, could this be where it goes? It doesn't match the IPL I have.

Thanks for the replys,
Bill

100_2021.jpg

100_2019.jpg

Last edited:
I found that the short wire (not listed or pictured in the IPL that I have) screws into the module into the 3rd hole that is pictured (small hole)

Bill

Back