Stihl Ms 150 tuning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOOOT?
Thats 100$ more than around here. I only hope it is because of exchange rate. Or is dealer giving away chinese crap again...
I start to wonder how long will 150 c t last - uncle has 70 000 trees to trimm each year.

That's $60 more than i paid for my Echo 355T OTD and the 355 is the closest to a 200 without the extra mods the 201T needs.

Sent from my AutoTune carb

The little 150 is a true pro platform built in Germany. Unless your cutting small stuff don't get your hopes up. The market segment this saw is aimed at is the commercial orchard's and berry farmers. It is basically just a power pruner, geared for 6" and smaller wood. The 1/4" chain leaves a smooth cut, we've only sold one and it went to a peach orchard, the guy loves it, but just uses it for light trimming/pruning.

The 1/4" pitch chain was suposed to be specially designed for prunning, gives small clean cuts. - the guy at stihl said that but i dont like him and he seems to be a moron >but the guys at husqy here are trying to rip you off and have higher prices.<
I used to use low kickback chains for that but it wasn't even close to giving sutch clean cuts. Already swapped my other prunning saw to 1/4" sprocket.
Ony disadvantage - it is hard to sharpen chain that small. Best to buy spare chain and swap on the field then sharpen it at home or give it to a dealer.
Oh and the files tend to break if kept in pocket... Small bastards.
I lost one on the field and broke 2.

Latest posts

Back