Stihl MS-170 or Husky 435?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsouz007

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
First post, looking for an occasional use saw for limbing/pruning on the ground and removing small trees. Right now I could get either one of these for the same price. So I'll probably flip a coin unless someone here can convince me to go one way or the other =)

Would you be doing your own repairs if the saw requires it? If not, think about where you would take the saw to get fixed. That may influence your decision.

435 all the way. I'd compare the MS170 maybe to a 235 Husky.

When I was looking for a small saw like you, many, including my Stihl dealer recommended that I avoid the MS170. From past experience, I'd stay away from the 235 too. I vote 435.

Thanks for the input guys ... looks like the 435 is the way to go. I was doing more checking online and saw a number of bad reviews on the MS 170.

The 170 is much lighter than the 435. But....they don't seem to last with moderate use.

I don't understand how you are finding them at the same price! The 170 should be well under $200. I paid well over that for my 435.

Ken

Back